Author Topic: Watch It Played - Carcassonne  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Watch It Played - Carcassonne
« on: February 01, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »

Courtesy of Rodney Smith

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3813.0

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
Re: Watch It Played - Carcassonne
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »
Great vid,

I like it how he shows the old art expansions on the end  ;D but he is playing with the new art
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
Yeah that did make me chuckle!

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 04:01:39 PM »
That's a very good teaching video. The vast majority of game tutor videos I've seen almost always make mistakes, use wrong terminology, and/or say things in misleading ways, but this one has a very carefully constructed script. The only nitpick I noticed was that twice he says "never" about things that are possible with expansions (the Abbot itself makes one of those "nevers" untrue), but in the context of just the base game I think this video was 100% correct. So that's high marks in my book.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 04:20:54 AM »
I liked that the first thing he did was to put the River tiles and the Abbots back in the box! :(y)

Definitely one of the better teaching videos I've seen. He obviously knew what he was talking about but managed to keep it short, simple and to the point.

{ :yellow-meeple::yellow-meeple::yellow-meeple::yellow-meeple::black1-meeple: } (4 stars - would watch again)

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 06:15:54 AM »
Great vid,

I like it how he shows the old art expansions on the end  ;D but he is playing with the new art

He probably purchased a new art copy so new players wouldn't become confused. 

I actually had to talk someone OUT of buying Carcassonne a few days ago.  There was a family in Toys R Us looking at both Ticket to Ride and Carcassonne.  They heard that those were the best new games and were deciding on which to buy.  I told them that Carcassonne was my favorite game, but they shouldn't buy the old version sold here.  If they were to become addicted, they wouldn't be able to get any of the expansions for it. 

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »
I told them that Carcassonne was my favorite game, but they shouldn't buy the old version sold here.

I was in a Books a Million store last weekend, which is basically a Barnes & Noble knock-off. Books, games, Funko Pops, coffee bar, all the same stuff. They had both versions of Carcassonne on the shelf, $34.95 for classic and $35.95 for revised.

A one-dollar discount for a game that was made obsolete in 2014, has virtually no retail expansions available, and can be had for 20 bucks on eBay any day of the week.

Funny thing was, the old ones all still had the remnants of torn-off tags that looked suspiciously like a B&N 50% off sticker. They would be wise to clearance those things out, if for no other reason than to eliminate consumer confusion for those customers who aren't aware of the ramifications of which edition they choose.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Large Carcassonne tiles played in the streets.

Started by Paul

1 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 11:34:36 AM
by mikea
xx
Least fun Carcassonne game you've played?

Started by Doom_Shark

13 Replies
Last post August 18, 2022, 02:18:01 AM
by Decar
xx
Carcassonne: How it SHOULD be played

Started by danisthirty

4 Replies
Last post July 05, 2018, 10:23:17 AM
by flipshot
xx
Carcassonne played by Batman, Superman and Diana