Author Topic: Collaborative Carcassonne  (Read 14929 times)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Collaborative Carcassonne
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2018, 02:30:13 AM »
I'm just waiting for green to put a corner road tile above that red meeple on the road, to tie up all those meeples for the rest of the game

Indeed. Or maybe Red will get an rrrx tile to complete his road and point one of the other roads into the gap. There's always a risk that something will go wrong.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2018, 04:17:38 AM »
I would place to the west the board next to the uppermost of the red city tiles, place a meeple on the top city segment and hope to glom into reds city in moves ahead. I don't tend to farm until there is a completed city available.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2018, 03:39:05 PM »
How about placing it SW of "our" cloister, and irritate green ... we can either put a farmer on it, or meeple on the easterly city.
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2018, 01:14:36 AM »
Lots of options - no concensus yet. What will Dan do, is it time for referendum?

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2018, 07:21:00 AM »
Jéré's suggestion is getting my vote!

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2018, 08:43:12 AM »
OK so here are the options we have so far (sorry I've been a bit slow getting this back on the road, but... weekend):

1. Jéré: place below Blue cloister and claim farm ( :(y) :(y) :(y))

2. Dan: place below Blue cloister and claim east city segment ( :(y))

3. Halfling: place west of Red city and claim north city segment with intention to join Red city ( :(y))

4. wolnic: place SE of cloister and either farm (4a) or claim east city segment (4b)

They're all good, and I reserve the right to pretend I wanted to do something different if my chosen choice would have been more successful if I'd chosen something else.

Let the voting commence!

(I've assumed that Jéré, Halfling and I have voted for our own options, and oosie and TheSteveAllen have also voted with Jéré, wolnic - I wasn't sure which of your options you preferred so please vote for one or the other :))

Lots of options - no concensus yet. What will Dan do, is it time for referendum?

Farming. Means. Farming. Even in the event of a no-city farm, if it is the will of the people then placing a farmer is the right and proper thing to do!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:45:38 AM by danisthirty »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2018, 02:15:06 PM »
1 for me.  Normally, I wouldn't farm this early, but in 4p game getting a likely 12 points with potential for more makes a lot of sense.

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2018, 02:50:42 PM »
Subtle difference only between 1 and 4a, so I'll stick with 4a, but would be OK if the concensus is 1.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2018, 02:29:50 AM »

Whoomp! (There It Is) as "Tag Team" sang back in good old 1993. Great days...

I'm just waiting for green to put a corner road tile above that red meeple on the road, to tie up all those meeples for the rest of the game

Indeed. Or maybe Red will get an rrrx tile to complete his road and point one of the other roads into the gap. There's always a risk that something will go wrong.

The game didn't want you to have to wait for long wolnic!

Points have been scored and meeples have been trapped! :red-meeple: has won himself 3 tasty points for a road, and :yellow-meeple: was the first person to complete a city (on our farm).

Our trapped meeple will be worth either 1, 2 or 5 points depending on whether we're able to join to Yellow's road. Yellow won't be keen for us to join on as this will trap a second meeple of his, but maybe this will encourage the other players to join them up instead?

Moving on, we've got an ffrr corner road to place. Not a particularly inspiring choice although there are a couple of options:

1. We could seek revenge on Red for his frrr viciousness by trapping his meeple in the north-east corner. This would mean giving him 2 points for no reason other than to trap his meeple, and there's a chance someone else will do it anyway. But it's an option.

2. We could place it 2 tiles east of our cloister creating an frfr gap (or an frrr gap but I'd advise against this given the number of frfr vs. frrr tiles left in the bag) as a means of improving our chances of completing our cloister. Another nice thing about this would be that it leaves a nice 3-point road for anyone who does put a tile there, which might be us, or someone else who wants those points for themselves and doesn't mind generating a point for our cloister in the process.

3. We could start a new road from one of the existing road branches on the crrr south-east of our cloister. There are a number of other places where we could potentially claim a new road but if we're going to claim a road I'd recommend joining to this tile as our new road would already be closed at one end and could potentially form a small loop if we wanted it to.

What are your thoughts people?

:yellow-meeple: 4
:red-meeple: 3
:blue-meeple: 0
:green-meeple: 0

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2018, 05:41:30 AM »
Where did the coasters go?  :o

I think I'd go for a new road below the eastern tile of the completed city making a turn to the east.

In regards to option 1, let someone else seek revenge indeed (like yellow) as I don't like to give red another 2 free points. In regards to option 2, whatever is put beside that space is fine as all possibilities for that space are still in the bag, so I'm not worried yet about that. I can't think of another interesting option so I guess I'm picking option 3.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »
Where did the coasters go?  :o

I think I'd go for a new road below the eastern tile of the completed city making a turn to the east.

In regards to option 1, let someone else seek revenge indeed (like yellow) as I don't like to give red another 2 free points. In regards to option 2, whatever is put beside that space is fine as all possibilities for that space are still in the bag, so I'm not worried yet about that. I can't think of another interesting option so I guess I'm picking option 3.

Thanks oosie. The coasters are safe, but they were starting to take up a bit too much desk space.

Is anyone else willing to share their insight?

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2018, 03:03:34 PM »
I have no issue with option 2 but maybe it limits things too much, so feel I'd rather agree with Oosie. If a CRFR comes our way then we might be able to sneak into Yellow's city by placing it next to the cloister, but still have the option of FRFR and FRRR  tiles going there and the temptation of a 2 or 3 point road. The FRFR would leave a potential gap for another FFFF cloister - if we want to chance getting the next one? Putting the corner road tile to the south also helps keep the field open. Worth putting a follower on it?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:05:20 PM by wolnic »

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2018, 08:25:40 AM »
Option 2

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne 3.0 - Nebel über Carcassonne(Taiwan)

Started by jacky1st2016

1 Replies
Last post June 28, 2023, 11:58:23 PM
by Decar
xx
Carcassonne & Co. Newsletter - announcing a new "Spiel '14" Carcassonne tile

Started by wamboyil

60 Replies
Last post January 20, 2015, 04:39:08 PM
by eddebaby
smiley
[WTT] Carcassonne almost everything for Carcassonne dice game shopdisplay