Author Topic: 2017 World Cup - Group B  (Read 17935 times)

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
Re: 2017 World Cup - Group B
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 11:40:46 AM »
First statistics.
4 games played, 11 left.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline What If?

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • Carcasstoned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 05:04:48 AM »
I will be in old chat tonight friday every full hour from now on until late, be there or be a rfrf-tile!
Maybe I shouldn´t buy kathars, what would I do next?

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2017, 06:55:06 AM »
Well that was a very interesting game.  I felt like i was constantly on the back foot and constantly being blocked from waht i wanted to do.  The enormous cahedral city just kept growing and growing.  When whatif got the cccf tile with 2 separat city sections at the north of the city thus separating my meeple from the main city, I thought that it was complete and therefore my humilating defeat was complete, however i saw the scores didnt change and the meeples didnt come back to my pot - i was a little confused and thought it was a bug but i dragged the map down and noticed the city was actually not complete.  i still had a glimmer of hope.  I added small scores from citys and roads and desparately tried to equalise the farm but was blocked again and again. i was just hoping that the city was unfinishable.  so with 4 tiles to go i found a high risk placement for my final meeple - my phantom - to try to get in the farm.  by some miracle my last tile was a rrff which connected it in giving me a very very unexpected win. 

I think Whatif outplayed me and mostly out lucked me until that last tile.  a good game albeit very strange. 

Thanks Whatif!
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2017, 11:19:46 AM »
khalidqasrawi  :red-meeple: 205 :  145 :yellow-meeple: WhatIf

Bad start by me.  Some moments of indecision left me unable to spoil, join or otherwise do something to the large cathedral city in the centre.  That cost me 39 points so I was down and out, almost.  I did complete the long bent sausage shaped city right of it for 18 points.  The CFRR tile was a long time coming to to allow me to complete a 8 point city and a 12 point road with an inn.

Towards the end of the mid-game, I realised my only real chance of success was to make the main farm mine.  I was liberally adding farmers then made a statement by putting the 2 man down to join the farm with 50 odd tiles to go.  WhatIf immediately countered with his 2 man on the west bit of the unfinished cathedral city.  I decided I could block it off at least, probably.  Well, seems I did.  All around the farm, WhatIf was looking for ways on, waiting for a festival tile to take the 2 man off, so he could redeploy it and that time ate into his lead.

It would have been a good game for the spectator to see if WhatIf could find a way on.  I think the crowd would have been on his side.  Too bad no one was wanting to watch.

Thanks for the game and good luck WhatIf.

Offline khalidqasrawi

• Duke
  • Merit: 9
  • Never deplete - always complete
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 11:51:48 AM »
Halfing  :yellow-meeple: 222 : 242  :red-meeple:  khalidqasrawi

I played for farms so I don't really understand how the farm score was so similar!!
Halfing went all out on cloisters.  I did none.
I did score a cathedral city, one of those where your opponent "gives" you the cathedral, so that was sweet.  I set it up to need a CFRF and I was lucky enough to get one!  You could say that won me the game because I got 24 for it.
I spread my farmers around with the hope that gloming on to any farm would not be enough by itself which turned out to be the case.
Halfing actually only made it onto the south west farm on the last tile.

All the best Halfing, thanks for the game.

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2017, 03:14:26 AM »
Merlin, xander - are you available for our games?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2017, 10:26:31 AM »
Xander :blue-meeple: and I  :red-meeple: played our game tonight and it was a great game.  I kept pushing his decisions but then he did the same to me a couple of times too.  I was in the lead pretty much all the way but I knew the large farm was key and he had it for most of the game.  In the last few tiles Xander got a great placement to take the farm but i was in luck and i was able to position a meeple so that adding his, would also add mine. 

Thanks Xander

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2017, 10:28:33 AM »
Xander :blue-meeple: and I  :red-meeple: played our game tonight and it was a great game.  I kept pushing his decisions but then he did the same to me a couple of times too.  I was in the lead pretty much all the way but I knew the large farm was key and he had it for most of the game.  In the last few tiles Xander got a great placement to take the farm but i was in luck and i was able to position a meeple so that adding his, would also add mine. 

Thanks Xander

I N T E N S E

Offline Xanderx12

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • Meh
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »
I'm in the server right now if someone available for a match  C:-)

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2017, 12:19:33 PM »
My first game of the Cup.

182 :yellow-meeple: Merlin_89 - Xanderx12 :blue-meeple: 172

It was hard game for me... long break from Carcassonne. No practice, I felt rusty. And Xanderx12 pushed me hard! I almost forgot that expansions twist this game that much! :D

Xanderx12, good skills!!!

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »
Merlin will you be available for another this evening?  Around 21.30 gmt

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 01:18:47 PM »
Statistics time!
9 games played, 6 left.

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2017, 03:06:41 PM »
It's crazy how difficult it became for me to find time to play...

I hope to continue with group games... Christmas break, finally!!! How about some games tomorrow?

Offline Merlin_89

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2017, 12:54:25 AM »
I was able to play one very late game with Rosco...

131  :yellow-meeple: Merlin_89 - Rosco  :red-meeple: 106

With or without expansions that game was quite special! Rosco started very nice picking special CCCC (with small cities pieces), he chose well, he placed farmer, used phantom to complete 4-points city, and just like that he was off to great start. Few rounds of tiles and that farmer was surrounded by 4 small cities, I couldn't find the way to counteract it. That situation forced me to act aggressively with farmers as well, I needed to win farm on the outside.

And all crazy things have started. From that point, we concentrated on adding farmers and expanding it. I set the pace, but Rosco was not that far behind me. I thought it'd be nice to do sth other than farming and decided to attack Rosco's city with double meeple, and that move nearly turned out be fatal for me, as Rosco very quickly decided to use his to join the farm. It tied us, I had limited supply of meeples but I decided on that crazy strategy, and put more farmers. I had luck, as I managed to join them all, I ended with 8 meeples in farm!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rosco was left with one meeple, he could do whatever he wanted, but he needed to tie the farm to win. He made small mistakes, he was close... But I defended the farm, and I won!

ULTIMATE FARM GAME! And possibly smallest winning and loosing score...

I keep having problems with using twists of expansions to my advantage. Rosco, well played!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:07:56 AM by Merlin_89 »

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2017, 09:34:07 AM »
And possibly smallest winning and loosing score...
It's true the smallest winning score, but only second losing score (first is 77 points).

Rosco is the first in this World Cup to finish all his group games. For now he still is on the first place in the group and keeps good chances for quarterfinals.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 09:41:32 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Statistics added »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
2017 World Cup - Group D

Started by MrNumbers

68 Replies
Last post February 10, 2018, 04:51:44 AM
by TheSteveAllen
xx
2017 World Cup - Group A

Started by MrNumbers

62 Replies
Last post February 10, 2018, 04:49:48 AM