Author Topic: Scoreboard in the center of the table.  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 103
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
Re: Scoreboard in the center of the table.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2022, 06:09:06 AM »
That introduces the problem of whether the dragon or tower or similar removal mechanics can remove meeples from the start tile, because the start tile is also the scoreboard, and if you allow them to remove from the scoreboard, say goodbye to your point tracking meeple. emoji code23]

The City of Carcassonne start tile has landscape features too, but you cannot and need not be able to place meeples on them. All of the features can be extended and occupied as you place tiles around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PapaGeek

• Duke
  • Merit: 18
  • The box needs a highly addictive warning label
    • View Profile
Re: Scoreboard in the center of the table.
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2022, 07:44:14 AM »
The scoreboard start tile is a custom variant, wide open to house rules.  I’m certain that everyone who will use this variant will agree that dragons, towers, etc. cannot remove scoring meeples from the board!

Again, the primary purpose for the scoreboard start tile is so that the players sitting next to the scoreboard in a game with more than 2 players do not have an advantage when playing with The Messenger or The Robber mini expansions.  I want all players to have a better view of the scoreboard, not a way to attack it!

Another way to avoid all of this is to design your own start tile with pure field tiles in all 16 surrounding tile spaces. I designed the variant so that everyone can design their own custom scoreboard start tile!
Totally addicted to this game

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Playing with the Score Board in the center of the table

Started by PapaGeek

2 Replies
Last post March 21, 2022, 07:38:07 PM
by PapaGeek
xx
Center Scoreboard Tiles

Started by PapaGeek

0 Replies
Last post September 30, 2022, 08:40:19 PM
by PapaGeek
xx
Center Scoreboards with River Bonus Features

Started by PapaGeek

6 Replies
Last post November 30, 2022, 07:25:02 PM
by PapaGeek
xx
What game is hitting your table?

Started by Bixby

72 Replies
Last post October 31, 2014, 10:15:21 AM
by Bixby
xx
Table Talk - how does this happen at your game?

Started by Allan in Brisbane

10 Replies
Last post January 16, 2015, 06:05:28 AM
by Durbs