Carc Central Community > Unofficial Rules

Bards of Carcassonne - Small city with Note converted to Castle

<< < (2/2)

Meepledrone:
The note tokens are placed on features on a tile. Their effect is to add one point per token for each tile (or city in the case of fields). If you try to map this modifier to castles has no parallel, since a castle scores the same points a neighboring feature is worth.

This said, I would remove the note tokens from a small city when building a castle. Since, the would have no effect with the current definition of their scoring bonus.

Bumsakalaka:

--- Quote from: kothmann on January 23, 2022, 09:14:07 AM ---My preference would be that the Note prevents the city from becoming a Castle.  This makes tactics with the Note more interesting, because a player with a large city could place the Note in an unoccupied city cap that is adjacent to the city, in order to prevent another player from making that city cap into a Castle.

--- End quote ---
Not bad but it also break original rules of Bards where this is not forbidden.
I think this expansion have enought of strict rules about placement so this can complicate rules at all.

I can imagine to create this idea in new fan expansion, what do think?

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Bumsakalaka:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on January 23, 2022, 09:38:06 AM ---The note tokens are placed on features on a tile. Their effect is to add one point per token for each tile (or city in the case of fields). If you try to map this modifier to castles has no parallel, since a castle scores the same points a neighboring feature is worth.

This said, I would remove the note tokens from a small city when building a castle. Since, the would have no effect with the current definition of their scoring bonus.

--- End quote ---
This have sense. As @Snearone wrote, we have similar situation with Mage/Witch. When converted small city to castle nothing happen. At least maybe that have to be removed from board because it was placed to city not to castle. Same as for note token.

I was also thinking about that +2 to owner but this breaks also basic rules for get bonus for completed city. While city is converted into Castle it's not completed.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version