Carc Central Community > Strategy Guide

Tactical Tuesday -- Week 01

(1/2) > >>

kothmann:
See the series introduction here.
Next Week -->

Players: Black, Gray, Red, Yellow (order of play as listed, alphabetical by color name).

Score: B=0, G=0, R=0, Y=0

Description (photo below): All players placed a meeple on their first turns and black has now drawn the RRRR tile.  Where should they place the tile?  Should they place a meeple and if so, where?

Option A (photo below)
[-1; 0], RRRR, meeple as thief on the south road.  Yellow scores 4 points.

Option B (photo below)
[-1; 0], RRRR, meeple as thief on the west road.  Yellow scores 4 points.

Option C (photo below)
[2; -1], RRRR, meeple as thief on the north road.  Black scores 2 points.

Option D (photo below)
[2; 1], RRRR, meeple as thief on the south road.  Black scores 2 points.

Option E (none of the above)
Please describe a better play in your reply.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5462.0

Ker42:
Hi, Kothmann!  Sounds like fun!  Here's my 2 cents:  I like option D.  You're not giving yellow any free points; you're getting a couple points for yourself and possibly making it harder for pink and gray to finish their city.  Option A and B help the monastery, but this early in the game I wouldn't be worrying about that. 

Meepledrone:
Same opinion here... And even Yellow would be interested in extending their road, and help your monastery in the process. No need to give 4 points away in this case with options A or B.

unclewill:
I agree, Option D.

Two points in-and-out is nice on top of making it that bit more difficult for Grey and Red in their city with no point gain for anyone else. It also sets up a possible trap for the two knights which would be great for Yellow and Black.

Option C makes it that teeny bit harder for Black's monastery, and opens up an early opportunity for the other players to trap my monk with the need for a FFFR ( 1 of only 2) or better still a non-existent CFFR at (1,-1). It might be unlikely, but the risk of a meeple down this early would be bad for no real gain.

DIN0:
Option D of course! Inconveniencing two other players, not benefiting the third and still bouncing +2 points for yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version