Author Topic: Carcassonne Antwerp  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Windekind

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • keep smiling
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Antwerp
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 04:44:06 AM »
In the link there are high-res image of the tiles and they have wheels, and look like medieval cranes. DOes anyone know?

These are medieval cranes.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 04:50:25 AM by Windekind »

Offline MeisterAbababa

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • I have already edited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2020, 01:13:24 AM »
In the link there are high-res image of the tiles and they have wheels, and look like medieval cranes. DOes anyone know?

These are medieval cranes.

Ah, thanks for adding the photo! They look very interesting, with the human wheels, and the sides shaped like a romanic church. Kinda wish official Carcassonne cities had these on them.

Offline Windekind

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 12
  • keep smiling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2020, 05:29:24 AM »

Ah, thanks for adding the photo! They look very interesting, with the human wheels, and the sides shaped like a romanic church. Kinda wish official Carcassonne cities had these on them.

Maybe an idea as a fan Expansion. Maybe an expansion to Traders and Builders?
More goods can be moved, shipped. The builder can make larger constructions ...

I'm just brainstorming.

Offline MeisterAbababa

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • I have already edited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 05:51:16 AM »
Ah, the possibilites are endless... They could be like gardens for cities, or trading goods... We do need a Carcassonne PC implementations that allows for mods...

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 94
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2022, 12:09:25 PM »
This expansion keeps popping up when I search on Etsy for Carcassonne things. Since the guy has done his own art, I think perhaps it is legal for him to sell it, but I don't see what the purpose of it is since there are no new rules for it.

I am thinking that there is an opportunity here, and I'm hoping that someone like wolnic might be interested in helping to make a C1 version of this so that we are not infringing on Nils Binneman's work.

I like Windekind's idea of making this a mini-expansion for Traders & Builders, and borrowing some ideas from the Count expansion. Like how the Count expansion has different quarters for the different types of followers, I'm thinking that the city of Antwerp can have different quarters for each type of trade good: wheat, barrels, and cloth (from Traders & Builders) and gold (from Goldmines). On your turn, if you do not put a meeple on the tile you placed, you may put a meeple in the city of Antwerp on a particular quarter, which gives you the ability to sell trade goods of the corresponding type on a subsequent turn (again, if you do not put a meeple during that subsequent turn). A second Count figure could provide a similar function to the Count of Carcassonne, and prevent players from trading goods of a particular type while the Count of Antwerp is in that quarter of the city.

Wheat is sold to the bakery in exchange for points.
Barrels are sold to the tavern in exchange for points.
Cloth is sold to the tailor in exchange for points.
Gold is given to the cathedral and you are blessed with points.
(these are just examples; I'm flexible)

The existing exchange rates for gold could be used for all trade goods:
1-3 = 1 point
4-6 = 2 points
7-9 = 3 points
10+ = 4 points (would only apply to gold, since trade goods max out at 9)

You can sell as many trade goods of a particular type as you want in a single turn, but you must wait until a subsequent turn to sell trade goods of a different type.
After trading, your meeple returns to your supply. Followers cannot move to a different quarter of Antwerp in the same turn.
It is still more valuable to hold onto your trade goods until the end of the game if you have the majority.

We could perhaps also make some provision for players to trade with each other. I do not have a wheat majority, but I have wheat tokens. You would like to have my wheat tokens because it will give you the majority. You have cloth tokens that are no good to you, but they will give me the majority, so we would like to trade with each other.

I'm also fine with changing the name of the city. Marseille is the French port city on the Mediterranean. Maybe we can rotate everything 180 degrees so that the "southern" edge of the city is coastal.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 12:58:17 PM by Scott »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne & Co. Newsletter - announcing a new "Spiel '14" Carcassonne tile

Started by wamboyil

60 Replies
Last post January 20, 2015, 04:39:08 PM
by eddebaby
xx
CARCASSONNE IN PAIRS (an original idea from carcassonne.cat)

Started by DrMeeple

14 Replies
Last post January 11, 2022, 06:52:18 AM
by DrMeeple
xx
Carcassonne Event in Carcassonne 10-11 September 2022

Started by Willem

2 Replies
Last post July 21, 2022, 04:56:59 AM
by Linksux
xx
Carcassonne Central News #4 - October 2014