Author Topic: CundCo Shop - Open Letter for the Community  (Read 23367 times)

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
Re: CundCo Shop - Open Letter for the Community
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 03:11:24 AM »
Probably a very good email whaleyland but I had to stop reading at the second paragraph because you have misread their letter. They have never said "around 1,000 copies"... they say thousandS...
That may have been an intentional misreading.  >:D

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 06:04:07 AM »
And hopefully by doing a Kickstarter with an entirely new print run we might get an entire set of expansions with the same colour field!

Yes to this! And the original colour field, not the dark one.

Meanwhile, to get back onto the original point, I've got no problem with anything written in the open letter. The spare parts section was perfectly fair.

But my order of German Cathedrals and Besiegers from 21 March (paid on 22 March) has still not been processed. I have written one polite letter every week for the past five weeks and none of them have been answered. I am not asking them to move mountains here. It only takes 5 minutes for them to check the payment and write back to me saying they didn't receive it, or that they did receive it and they will process the order as soon as they can. 

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 AM »
Probably a very good email whaleyland but I had to stop reading at the second paragraph because you have misread their letter. They have never said "around 1,000 copies"... they say thousandS...
That may have been an intentional misreading.  >:D

Hehe. Ok I see ;)

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 12:14:34 AM »
And also some new expansions!
Actually I consider this a less important goal. The point is to get everything that's hard-to-find out in the open, not make a bunch of new material.

This actually is important... If there isnt anything new in it. The people who already have all those rare expansions wont buy it. You will need every help possible to achieve this..

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 01:15:16 AM »
I disagree, most of the people that literally have all of the rare expansions (I imagine that is not very many people) are still going to buy these because, just as their drive has forced them to buy everything thus far, their desire for reprints with matching grass and new watermarks (and perhaps better rules) will OCD them into buying these sets as well. I think you are overestimating the amount of people who own everything. Plus, I do include The Falcon expansion (as a part of The Castle Special Edition) so there is an incentive. Furthermore:

Carcassonne on Tour Expansion: All the "German" expansions have only been available online and at CundCo, outside the reach of most players.

Carcassonne CCT&P: Corn Circles I was only printed once as a part of a special edition and Besiegers is only available on CundCo.

Carcassonne P&H: Games Quarterly (if printable) was never available in Germany and the Festival tiles were only available in an exclusive box set and on CundCo.

I'd argue that each expansion has at least one thing most people will not have from elsewhere, and probably quite a bit more. Yes, a few people, mostly on here and at CarcF have everything, but I know I'd pledge for this campaign anyway, as would many others – you too, I imagine.

Offline asparagus

• Count
  • Merit: 11
  • I am a meeple not a sheeple.
    • View Profile
    • Fan Expansion Wiki
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 01:31:22 AM »
I disagree, most of the people that literally have all of the rare expansions (I imagine that is not very many people) are still going to buy these because, just as their drive has forced them to buy everything thus far, their desire for reprints with matching grass and new watermarks (and perhaps better rules) will OCD them into buying these sets as well. I think you are overestimating the amount of people who own everything.

There are different sorts of completionists. I am only a completionist in as much as I want everything I might want to play with. That is a long way from caring about the shade of grass and all of the gradations in between.

The way kickstarters work is the more you pledge the better the goodies you get. The lowest pledges might get nothing beyond their name being listed on the kickstarter website. But higher levels could include signed copies of tiles or free copies of reprints or exclusive preview copies  of new expansions. The free reprint levels would attract those missing an expansion. I've basically got everything I care about though I would certainly contribute something whatever. However a new expansion would draw me in at higher levels.

Offline SRBO

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 40
  • The Robber Dragon King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2016, 01:37:39 AM »
Well, I don't care about matching grass, new watermarks or any old expansion.
I want it for you available, so that would be the only reason to pledge.. But if there is nothing new in it. I'm sorry but then I really have my doubts I would want it.
What is the difficulty of adding 1 or 2 (fan)expansions just to please the entire community?

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 02:28:59 AM »
If there was matching grass for the dark grass expansions (German things, festival, plague etc), I'd probably get it even with no new expansions. Things like different watermarks/boxes/editions etc are of no interest to me.

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 02:34:57 AM »
If there was matching grass for the dark grass expansions (German things, festival, plague etc), I'd probably get it even with no new expansions. Things like different watermarks/boxes/editions etc are of no interest to me.

I would probably get it if they had different watermarks, but not if it was just different coloured grass! In their interest, they should change both to get the most money out of us as possible! ;D

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2016, 01:26:05 PM »
If I am being honest. I love Carcassonne. I have almost every boxed expansion from Z-Man games. Sadly I was never able to pick up Hills and Sheep. I kick myself to this day for letting that happen. Anyways, the idea of a Kickstarter, like Whaleyland, proposed is something I would absolutely be on board with. It wouldn't matter to me so much if the expansions would be bundled into boxes but more so just the fact that they would be available. Other than the 6 boxed 'mini-expansions' I do not have any of the smaller and rare expansions and I would love to have them all. Again, being honest, If this did ever come to fruition the prices would need to be fair otherwise that might be a problem. I mean I would only hope that this wouldn't be viewed as an opportunity to take advantage of everyone's desires.

Also, because of the CAR, it doesn't matter as much, but it would be nice if English rules were either provided by default or offered as an option. Also, I know some Kickstarter projects sometimes let backers add-on copies of other games or products made by the same people doing the Kickstarter. Perhaps, if possible, this would be a nice way to offer the boxed expansions like my missing Hills and Sheep, the Wheel of Fortune (which I am also missing, ;D) or (dare I even say it) the Catapult as add-ons. My only thought with that though is I'm not sure how minimums on their end would work. I mean I know they'd have to likely print a minimum number of tiles but do all those tiles have to be exactly the same or could they be different. Would the minimums be different depending on whether the tiles are all the same or different? I only wonder as that might determine if my add-on idea would even be possible.

Lastly, while I'm thinking about it, until they sold out, Z-Man games did offer the Festival (http://www.zmangames.com/store/p123/Carcassonne_mini-expansion%3A_The_Festival.html) and the School (http://www.zmangames.com/store/p124/Carcassonne_mini-expansion%3A_The_School.html) both directly from their website. So even though they NEVER advertised it Carcassonne fans could get both of those expansions in English.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2016, 01:37:31 PM »
What country are you based?  Hills and Sheep is still pretty available - I ordered BB5 a few days ago and HiG have it on their shop.  I saw copies for sale in the US when I was there last September too.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 01:03:39 AM »
The School is available on the Cundco site (Mini expansion page) and so is Over Hill and Dale (Carcassonne Spinoffs)...in fact my version of Over Hill and Dale has been despatched by Cundco last week and I am looking forward to playing it this week.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2016, 04:40:12 AM »
What country are you based?  Hills and Sheep is still pretty available - I ordered BB5 a few days ago and HiG have it on their shop.  I saw copies for sale in the US when I was there last September too.

I am based in the U.S. PA to be specific. I just checked the popular US gaming sites (Amazon.com, Coolstuffinc.com, and cardhaus.com) and none of them have Hills and Sheep in stock. Unrelated but further proof to Whaleyland's point of doing a Kickstarter is that I did just spot a nice copy of the rare The Tunnels expansion on ebay but the seller wants $40. Not saying that's a bad price for such a rare expansion but a kickstarter as suggested would hopefully make expansions just like The Tunnels available for a much more reasonable price.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 05:51:25 AM »

I am based in the U.S. PA to be specific. I just checked the popular US gaming sites (Amazon.com, Coolstuffinc.com, and cardhaus.com) and none of them have Hills and Sheep in stock.

It's available from Cundco here: http://cundco.de/en/expansions/carcassonne/56/carcassonne-9.-erw.-schafe-und-huegel?c=44

If the international shipping was a problem then I'm sure you could find someone on the forums who would be willing to buy it locally and then send it to you themselves at a more reasonable rate?

Offline dirk2112

• Baron
  • Merit: 43
  • Filled with caffeine and hyperbole
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2016, 06:30:46 AM »
I am based in Maryland.  I was able to find Hills and Sheep by calling every board game store within 20 miles.  You can also try comic book shops as some of them sell games too.  I scored a copy of Princess and Dragon a few weeks ago in a comic shop.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
Received letter, no package from Spiel Akademie - Shipping to Canada

Started by asp204

11 Replies
Last post May 03, 2018, 09:56:12 AM
by Vinçon
xx
Z-man Games - Shop with Accessories from CundCo