Carc Central Community > Official Rules

Clarification of rules - by meeting with HiG - 04 10 2014

(1/6) > >>

kettlefish:
I've got some answers from HiG (Georg Wild) by meeting at the fair in Leipzig 04.10.2014:

Question in BLUE

Answer in GREEN

Still open in RED

My own comments in  MAROON

Obervet gave me the questions in August 2014 by email.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1113.0

kettlefish:
1. A previous clarification stated that you can't move a follower from the cathedral quarter of the City to a German Monastery with an abbot, since it won't finish in the usual time frame.
However, if the German Monastery has a normal monk (i.e. acting as a regular cloister), and it finishes, can you move a follower to it from the City and declare it as an abbot instead?
No, you can’t move a follower from the quarter of the cathedral of the City Carcassonne as an abbot on the German Monastery if it is finished as a normal cloister with a monk on it.
You can only move a follower from the quarter of the cathedral of the City Carcassonne as monk, because only this feature (the German Monastery as a cloister) is finished for scoring.
--------------------------------------------------------------
2a. If a player draws a Hill as the last tile is he allowed to place it without putting a tile under it?
Yes, a hill tile is allowed to place it as the last tile. The normal turn takes place (move wood and score finished features).

2b. Or, does not having a tile under it bar him from placing the tile?
No, the hill tile can be placed without a tile under it.
----------------------------------------------------------------
3a. Does a tunnel token get placed during the Move Wood phase or any time during a turn?
A tunnel token get placed during any time at the players turn.

3b. If a road is completed by placing a tunnel token, is this scored immediately or during the normal scoring phase?
The finished road with tunnel tokens is scored during the normal scoring phase.

I've read the German rules and this is what I've solved about the rules. I've got no answer from HiG, because it is still an expansion from Spielbox.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I have some more...

Whaleyland:

--- Quote from: kettlefish on October 09, 2014, 01:41:30 AM ---2a. If a player draws a Hill as the last tile is he allowed to place it without putting a tile under it?
Yes, a hill tile is allowed to place it as the last tile. The normal turn takes place (move wood and score finished features).

--- End quote ---
Obvious follow-up:
Without the tile under the Hill tile, does the Hill feature still break ties or is it treated as a normal tile? I assume it still works, but that's not clear from his answer.

kettlefish:

--- Quote from: whaleyland on October 09, 2014, 02:58:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: kettlefish on October 09, 2014, 01:41:30 AM ---2a. If a player draws a Hill as the last tile is he allowed to place it without putting a tile under it?

--- End quote ---
Obvious follow-up:
Without the tile under the Hill tile, does the Hill feature still break ties or is it treated as a normal tile? I assume it still works, but that's not clear from his answer.
--- End quote ---
Yes you can place a follower on the hill tile like a normal tile, but you can't place a follower into a feature which has still followers in it - No tie break is possible.
Example: city - the city has 1 red big follower and 1 blue normal follower - then the hill tile is placed and expanded the city - you can place a follower (1 blue normal follower) on that tile, but not on the city, because there are followers in it. And the tie breaker works only if the follower belongs to that feature (here city).

MrNumbers:

--- Quote from: whaleyland on October 09, 2014, 02:58:45 AM ---Obvious follow-up:

--- End quote ---

My first thought was exactly the same. But I can't imagine the situation when tie-breaker is needed, since it is a last tile of the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version