Carc Central Community > World Cup of Carcassonne Central

Carcassonne Central Worldcup 2023 (BGA Tournament)

(1/14) > >>

Linkarssonne (Linksux):
Full : 32 players will compete to determine who will be the world champion (well, from central Carcassonne at least)
Registration still possible on the waiting-list (actually 0)
Good luck to :
@Decar
@danisthirty
@Willem
@Bumsakalaka
@totor66
@The-Edge
@Drodo
@Doom_Shark 
@carckky
@ny1050220
@glh510
@m7uu
@DrMeeple
@Matisek
@Leven
@cicerunner 
@Snearone
@Ramel22
@Juliano Apóstata
@RaDeR 
@emazonitu
@Temrak
@elcarterodecarcassonne
@MMike
@wallaceprime 
@Sinscerly
@Oxmeister 
@valle13
@Alfamar 
@Maiday
@Atifms93
@Carqui

Hello everyone !

I hope you are having a great summer, and maybe enjoying some crazy carcassonne games!   8)

With the agreement of Carcassonne owners, I propose to organize The Carcassonne central worldcup 2023 ! The tournament will be on Sunday, September 24, 2023 9:00pm (CEST).
Registration deadline: FULL but waiting list is open (last update : 09 august / zero)
Numbers of spots : 32
FREE - you don't need a premium account to participate

The tournament will take place on the BGA gaming platform: BoardGameArena: https://boardgamearena.com/

Danisthirty made a "quick" overview of BGA to help newer players feel more comfortable with the environment:
And a video of gameplay :

I recommend playing on a computer and not on a phone/tablet, unless you are already familiar to playing on these devices. Personally, I find it much more practical to play on a computer because there is too much risk of error in placing meeples/tiles on mobile devices.

I now invite you to create an account (free) and familiarize yourself with the site (which is very well done!).
You can play Carcassonne for free (by joining a game) or by creating game tables (requires the premium version at 5 euros per month or 36 euros per year).

Carcassonne game format will be the same as officials tournaments :

• Mode: Normal mode
• Game Speed: Real-time
• Number of players per game: 2
• Time per player : 15 minutes (so max 30 min per game)
• No expansions
• Field scoring: Each field is worth 3 points per adjacent completed city (International rules)
• Completed 2-tile cities: 4 points (International rules)

The competition will be split into two distinct stages:

• The first stage will be the "group stage".

• The second stage will be the "knock-out stage".

Only 16 players will advance from the group stage to the knock-out stage.

In the group stage, all players will be organized into one of four groups (8 groups of 4 : 32 participants). Within each group, each player will play a single game against every other player in the same group and will have a score calculated based on the number of wins, draws or losses they achieve.

At the end of the group stage, the 2 top players from each group will go through to the knock-out stage.

Prizes:
Everyone who takes part will receive a specially-designed Carcassonne Central World Cup souvenir tile.
The winner of the contest will win an unofficially Carcassonne Pretty in Pink Edition  :pink-meeple: (printed directly on cundco blank tiles / handmade box : see following post).
The number 2 and 3 will get a prize also (a copy of the new extension release in September in Carcassonne - more info when available).

The tournament is open to everyone and every level, please be fair and have fun!  :orange-meeple:

This is a private community tournament on invitations only. You must be a Carcassonne central member to participate.
If you want to subscribe, please send me your BGA name by PM and i will send you the invite in BGA.

My BGA account is : Linkarssonne

And remember, this is for fun ! (also for the pink edition  :pink-meeple: )

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6415.0

Linkarssonne (Linksux):

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Willem:
I'm in!

totor66:
it's time I make some quality games :)

I'm in too

Bumsakalaka:
I'm in. BGA account sent!

Navigation

[0] Message Index