Carcassonne Central on BGA

<< < (2/4) > >>

Halfling:
Cracking idea.

DrMeeple:
Meepledrone we need you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danisthirty:
Oooh, I wasn't aware anybody had responded to this as I hadn't received any CarcC email notifications. It's good to see that others are keen to give this a go! :(y)

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on July 09, 2022, 11:23:52 AM ---Nice idea!

Are you organizing a CarcC Summer Championship then?

+1 merit from me.

--- End quote ---

Not necessarily a championship as such, just looking to provide an opportunity for all of us to play games on BGA and build some friendships/ get to know each other a little better over a virtual boardgame or two :)

Our BGA group now has 22 members which I think is enough to get things started. I couldn't quite decide how to get things started though, so I thought I'd put it to a vote. I haven't decided exactly what the options will be yet, but my anticipation is that it will be:

a) Carcassonne
b) Head-to-head (2-players per game)
c) Turn-based (i.e. asynchronous [i.e. both players don't have to be playing at the same time, you just play your move when it's your turn and you're online, then check back next time to see if your opponent has responded - these games usually have a time limit of 3 - 5 days so you'll need to be logging into BGA quite frequently in order to make sure you complete your game before running out of time])

I haven't yet decided:

a) Expansions: BGA offers The River, Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders and Princess & Dragon. Maybe we want to start small, maybe we don't. I'll include this as a voting option
b) Format: This could be single-elimination (knockout), Swiss or Round Robin. Swiss means everyone gets a set number of games and each round is drawn against an opponent with a similar win/ loss record in the tournament so far. Round Robin means everyone plays everyone else, but all games start at the same time so you'll suddenly have half a dozen games on the go which can be a bit intense.

My feeling is that probably a Swiss tournament with one, or maybe two expansions might be a good way to start. But we'll vote on it, and I'll share links to the polls below so watch this space! 8)

Once decided, I'll create the tournament and send invites via BGA to everyone in our group there.

danisthirty:
Please respond to the following polls to make sure our first BGA tournament is something that we've all had our say about: C:-)

- Our First BGA Tournament - Style
- Our First BGA Tournament - Expansions

Thanks! :blue-meeple:

Uhome:

--- Quote from: danisthirty on July 12, 2022, 01:32:27 AM ---Oooh, I wasn't aware anybody had responded to this as I hadn't received any CarcC email notifications. It's good to see that others are keen to give this a go! :(y)

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on July 09, 2022, 11:23:52 AM ---Nice idea!

Are you organizing a CarcC Summer Championship then?

+1 merit from me.

--- End quote ---

Not necessarily a championship as such, just looking to provide an opportunity for all of us to play games on BGA and build some friendships/ get to know each other a little better over a virtual boardgame or two :)

Our BGA group now has 22 members which I think is enough to get things started. I couldn't quite decide how to get things started though, so I thought I'd put it to a vote. I haven't decided exactly what the options will be yet, but my anticipation is that it will be:

a) Carcassonne
b) Head-to-head (2-players per game)
c) Turn-based (i.e. asynchronous [i.e. both players don't have to be playing at the same time, you just play your move when it's your turn and you're online, then check back next time to see if your opponent has responded - these games usually have a time limit of 3 - 5 days so you'll need to be logging into BGA quite frequently in order to make sure you complete your game before running out of time])

I haven't yet decided:

a) Expansions: BGA offers The River, Inns & Cathedrals, Traders & Builders and Princess & Dragon. Maybe we want to start small, maybe we don't. I'll include this as a voting option
b) Format: This could be single-elimination (knockout), Swiss or Round Robin. Swiss means everyone gets a set number of games and each round is drawn against an opponent with a similar win/ loss record in the tournament so far. Round Robin means everyone plays everyone else, but all games start at the same time so you'll suddenly have half a dozen games on the go which can be a bit intense.

My feeling is that probably a Swiss tournament with one, or maybe two expansions might be a good way to start. But we'll vote on it, and I'll share links to the polls below so watch this space! 8)

Once decided, I'll create the tournament and send invites via BGA to everyone in our group there.

--- End quote ---

I am a bit confused. You mentioned not necessarily a championship, but you are organising a tournament! I am not that sure what exactly do you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version