Carc Central Community > Official Rules

CAR 7.5 Prep Discussion: Wheel of Fortune Version Comparison

<< < (4/4)

Push:

--- Quote from: Just a Bill on December 08, 2017, 03:31:34 PM ---I guess you could say the "blessing and the curse" of my involvement is that I'm pretty thorough, but also quite slow.

--- End quote ---
My question was not relevant to the need to speed up writing a new version of the rules. It's not easy to make them up.
 It just might have affected my plans if version 7.5 were ready (for example) this year.

Rhoobarb2005:
Will the CAR update include the rules for 2.0? ie. any expansion rule amendments, UtBT, Watchtowers, Markets of Leipzig, Das Fest, etc?

Just a Bill:

--- Quote from: Rhoobarb2005 on February 02, 2018, 07:52:56 AM ---Will the CAR update include the rules for 2.0? ie. any expansion rule amendments, UtBT, Watchtowers, Markets of Leipzig, Das Fest, etc?

--- End quote ---

No, at least not initially. My position is that there should be separate CARs for classic and revised Carcassonne. There are so many differences between tiles, tilesets, rules, and terminology that putting it all into a single document would be a mess. It also wouldn't serve newer players very well, who only have 2.0 stuff and don't care a thing about the classic game. This will of course be the ever-increasing portion of the player base. (And, to be realistic, there would also be plenty of 1.0 players who simply do not want to see all the new-art stuff clogging their CAR.)

Furthermore, I don't have the resources to make images and verify details on 2.0. I don't own anything 2.0 that already had a 1.0 version, except the Labyrinth tile (for obvious reasons).

And finally, I have no intention of bringing detrimental changes to things like wagon movement and meeple terminology into the 1.0 CAR. Version 2.0 is free to be whatever it wants to be, but I'm not going to be part of corrupting the little elegances of 1.0. Perhaps there will be some little footnotes here and there saying "This was changed in Carcassonne 2.0; see the CAR version xyz for details."

kettlefish:

--- Quote from: Just a Bill on May 01, 2018, 10:54:01 AM ---I got a notification today that kettlefish had stickied this topic, which made me realize that all of the images were hidden thanks to postimg.org losing control of that domain. So I just updated all the links to point to postimg.cc, which fixed that. My apologies for the inconvenience.

--- End quote ---
I write with the tablet keyboard today (not a real one) and perhaps my fingers landet onto the wrong space.
But I am happy to see all the images now.

The reason why HiG uses in the BigBox such chaotic Wheel tils is the space in the box. They decided to put the watermark only onto the tiles which are not in the base game.

For the CAR is the original Wheel important. And some information about the BigBox difference.   

Just a Bill:
Oh kettlefish, you did not do anything wrong. The image problem was the fault of the hosting provider, postimg.org. Your update today was helpful, because it made me realize that all my images were missing (they had already been missing even before you came here today).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version