Author Topic: Where to find it...  (Read 149154 times)

Offline loki

• Duke
  • Merit: 7
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Where to find it...
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 07:11:38 AM »
I expected that this would appeal mainly to people living within driving distance of the store , a $10 dollar 10 year old magazine does get rather expensive when shipping has to be paid for.

There are probably other stores out there with some copies, perhaps members could check out what is available locally and post the info.

Loki, you have made a great and rare find!

To be honest I was more excited to find a (different) local store still had a copy of Abbey and Mayor so I was able to turn my Big Box 5 into a more complete set  - just need another copy of phantoms to round it out

we all have our own individual issues with collecting Carcassonne   :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:24:19 AM by MrNumbers, Reason: Merged 2 posts »

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 07:30:43 AM »
I expected that this would appeal mainly to people living within driving distance of the store , a $10 dollar 10 year old magazine does get rather expensive when shipping has to be paid for.

There are probably other stores out there with some copies, perhaps members could check out what is available locally and post the info.

Sounds like a good plan. Just there need to be detailed info when posting to this thread.

I like this thread but I don't want it to get spammed with half-baked info so other members have to check them out one by one only to get disappointed.
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline ARabidMeerkat

• Count
  • Merit: 2
  • To play or not to play... that is the question!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 08:32:04 AM »
Let's please try and keep this forum to only those expansions that you can find on the Internet, not stores, since people from around the world can access online stores
If only I had another Halfling.....

Offline loki

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »

Sounds like a good plan. Just there need to be detailed info when posting to this thread.

I like this thread but I don't want it to get spammed with half-baked info so other members have to check them out one by one only to get disappointed.

I do take exception to the term half-baked info,  no one else in this thread has been faulted for not posting international shipping rates.

I did take the trouble to find out that they did have it in stock  and how many copies they had.

I am not responsible for where people live nor do I know how much extra they are willing to pay or not pay.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 09:30:10 AM »
This magazine is available in Canada from

http://www.boardgames.ca/gamesquarterlymagazineissue11winter2006withcarcassonneboardgameriverexpansion.aspx

Games Quarterly Magazine Issue 11 (Winter 2006) With Carcassonne Board Game Spring - Mini River Expansion  Price (CAN): $9.95

they have about 10 copies in stock still in the original plastic wrap.

They have a limit of 1 per customer but they said they are prepared to ship internationally.

They are currently stocktaking (that is how they found these ones) so will not be shipping until early July

Thanks for the link loki. Please don’t feel that your efforts are unappreciated here! :(y)

Considering the target audience, I’d say that items seen for sale in local stores are only worth posting about if you’re prepared to act as a “middle-man” on behalf of someone from the forums who may be interested in purchasing, and then sorting out payment and postage between you. Other than this, the chances of pointing out any local store that anyone else on the forums is within a reasonable distance of seem fairly miniscule. This said, I believe Scott and gantry live fairly close to each other by coincidence, although this is largely irrelevant now since neither of them are ever home these days...

Anyway, the fact that the store in question is prepared to post individual items internationally (albeit for a small fee but this is to be expected) makes this worth knowing about in my opinion, so I’ve added it to the list. Well, I haven’t, but I’m about to.

Whether this suggestion was half-baked, fully-baked or even if it had never been anywhere near an oven, I think Paul’s point was also a good one as it would be easy for any good purchasing advice to be lost in a sea of links. Let’s just take it on a case by case basis and add anything that seems useful as we go. :)

Offline loki

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 07:38:49 PM »

Considering the target audience, I’d say that items seen for sale in local stores are only worth posting about if you’re prepared to act as a “middle-man” on behalf of someone from the forums who may be interested in purchasing, and then sorting out payment and postage between you.

I had considered that possibility but Andrew the Ambo seems to have that well in hand from NZ and suggesting it now might have messed up his process. 

Even if people don't live anywhere the shop they might have relatives or friends who do and would be prepared to help them out.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2015, 09:01:37 PM »
I'm sorry if I came across too strong. That was not my intention.

All I am saying is, that if posting here, please post more than just a link. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I would like to see more info for every post here so other members don't have to check every link. It would save a lot of time for those that seeks these items.

A post should consist of the following:

1. The item in question and the link to the store
2. How many in stock, preferrably contacted the store first to get an actual amount in stock
3. Shipping policies, local, domestic and international as well as any fees and if available also shipping costs

One person doing this, saves everyone else the time.

Paul
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:41:28 AM by Paul »

Offline Frommarn91

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
  • Meep! Meep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 12:51:13 PM »
I know there already have been posted links to The Phantom but another one couldn't hurt :P

http://www.sfbok.se/asp/artikel.asp?VolumeID=105350
(The product image is wrong btw, but it is the real thing)

It is from the Swedish store "Science Fiction bokhandeln" which is located in Stockholm (the Swedish capital) and Gothenburg (for those who live nearby or travel to Sweden during vacation). They also offer the option for buying it online and also do international shipping (I don't know the international shipping costs though).

currently it costs 49 SEK, which is roughly 5 euro.
They also have some of the 6 standard mini-expansions for 39 SEK á piece.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 03:27:21 PM »
Thanks Frommarn91 - I've added your link to the list! :) :(y)

Offline Matt

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2015, 01:25:53 PM »
The Spielbox magazine that comes with the Plague has now sold out so the link provided is out of date - however, you can still buy the tiles without the magazine for 4 euros (http://www.nostheide.de/webshop3/product_info.php?products_id=418). Postage is 1.80 (Germany), 3.10 (Europe), and 4.10 (rest of the world. Limited to 5 per customer.

Offline stalcupojoy

• Count
  • Merit: 21
  • คาคาร์ซอนน์ fan in Thailand
    • View Profile
    • Michael Stalcup (Poet)
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2015, 04:22:47 PM »
I'm new here and was just looking through the list (helpful, thank you!!), and have a couple corrections and one addition:

1. Correction: All the Z-man Games links are now broken (The Festival, The School, Blank Tiles)
2. Addition: I just picked up The Phantoms from boardgameshop.eu (http://www.boardgameshop.eu/carcassonne-uitbreiding-de-volgeling.html) for 4 Euros.

Thanks again for this list.
Fan Expansions: Fiefs | Labyrinths | Schoolhouses | Vistas
Poetry Website: michaelstalcup.com

Offline MrNumbers

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 91
    • View Profile
    • Carcassonne Latvia
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2015, 03:23:38 AM »
1. Correction: All the Z-man Games links are now broken (The Festival, The School, Blank Tiles)

Corrected. Z-man no longer offers some expansions. In fact, now they offer only first two expansions in new art.
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." (Nelson Mandela)

Offline jungleboy

• Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 89
  • Nine points!
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of the Camino
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2015, 03:35:41 AM »
Corrected. Z-man no longer offers some expansions. In fact, now they offer only first two expansions in new art.

This is pretty interesting when you think about it, and I wonder if Z-man is happy or not about the new direction of the game.

On one hand, just a year or two after they acquired the English-language market publication rights and started printing all expansions in the old artwork, these expansions were made obsolete and their printing of them all just for a brief period seems to have been rather pointless.

On the other hand, perhaps they were aware that the new edition was coming or were even the driving force behind it at the time that they acquired the rights, so they knew they would have something more to sell than just old expansions in old artwork that had originally been released years before.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2015, 03:48:51 AM »

This is pretty interesting when you think about it, and I wonder if Z-man is happy or not about the new direction of the game.

On one hand, just a year or two after they acquired the English-language market publication rights and started printing all expansions in the old artwork, these expansions were made obsolete and their printing of them all just for a brief period seems to have been rather pointless.

On the other hand, perhaps they were aware that the new edition was coming or were even the driving force behind it at the time that they acquired the rights, so they knew they would have something more to sell than just old expansions in old artwork that had originally been released years before.

Don't know why, but suddenly after reading this post I got the song "Another Brick In the Wall" by Pink Floyd in my head: "Hey! Publishers! Leave them tiles alone!"

Offline Fritz_Spinne

• Authors
  • Viscount
  • Merit: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2015, 05:22:33 AM »

I think Z-man initiated the new edition.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
That feeling when you find the hard to find

Started by DaFees

4 Replies
Last post February 12, 2021, 02:34:06 AM
by Decar
clip
Where can I find such extensions for Carc 2

Started by Realizt

37 Replies
Last post May 08, 2020, 10:31:18 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Silly question: where do I find messages I've sent?

Started by egamar

5 Replies
Last post July 26, 2022, 10:44:57 AM
by Meepledrone
question
Where to find decent resolution images of original tilesets? (Base game and exp)

Started by GPWR

15 Replies
Last post March 11, 2023, 05:42:01 PM
by Scott
xx
Can't find JCloisterZone.jar file!

Started by Candida

4 Replies
Last post January 02, 2016, 03:50:52 AM
by rfielder