Author Topic: Was the C1 version of Hills and Sheeps printed in like 10 copies or what?  (Read 1488 times)

carca82

So, since I've started my quest of collecting every piece of the game, I more or less managed to find everything here or there (Amazon, eBay, Vinted, here on this forum...) but I'm failing to find a decent copy of the C1 version of Hills and Sheeps.
It's very frustrating because it's the only "major" piece of Carcassonne that I'm missing, but it's nowhere to be found (unless you want to spend 150 USD for it).
I'm totally OK with "minor" pieces to be hard to find or expensive but why is this particular extension so unfindable at a decent price? Even The Catapult is way easier to find than this.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6087.0

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Re: Was the C1 version of Hills and Sheeps printed in like 10 copies or what?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 01:49:48 PM »
Maybe fewer prints because it was released the same year as C2 basegame (c1 exp 9 was officially destined to be replaced by a C2 version) and same year as a big box including it too?

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 01:50:31 PM »
In short, yes.
In long:
It seems that there has been a lower amount of Hills&Sheep printed across most publishers. This could be due to the switch to the C2 artwork not long after H&S came out.
Most major expansions have seen multiple print runs from most publishers, which makes them more widely available (and yes, even the catapult had multiple print runs, at least in italy by Giochi Uniti).
But H&S had a shorter time before it became "old news", so the availability is reduced
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 05:48:34 PM »
So, since I've started my quest of collecting every piece of the game, I more or less managed to find everything here or there (Amazon, eBay, Vinted, here on this forum...) but I'm failing to find a decent copy of the C1 version of Hills and Sheeps.
It's very frustrating because it's the only "major" piece of Carcassonne that I'm missing, but it's nowhere to be found (unless you want to spend 150 USD for it).
I'm totally OK with "minor" pieces to be hard to find or expensive but why is this particular extension so unfindable at a decent price? Even The Catapult is way easier to find than this.

If you do not care about the language, here is probably an edition of Devir from Spain.
https://comicstores.es/producto/carcassonne-colinas-y-ovejas-_160355
Shipping to Italy is possible and payment e.g. via paypal.

All in all definitely cheaper than ebay&amazon and co.

PS: But better ask there if you are interested, whether it really is the C1 edition.
I'm looking for:
● Carcassonne shopdisplays (esp.dicegame.+ Minis ger.)
● Carcassonne Στα Κάστρα του Μυστρά (2002) Greek first edition
● Carcassonne - chinese Sur knight kings editions
● ETCOC / WTCOC 2020 commemorative tiles
& more -> https://ibb.co/cCcm4SB

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 09:57:06 PM »
I see that I made and big mistake two years age, when I sold my C1 H&S for price to buy C2 version...
At least I helped C1 player because it was without box and I have finally my collection in C2 :)

Keep searching and always ask is it really C1? Because some sellers not updated image of expansion and they sell C2 version and not expecting C1.

Odoslané z SM-A202F pomocou Tapatalku

Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

carca82

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 05:04:46 AM »
If you do not care about the language, here is probably an edition of Devir from Spain.
Thank you for the info! Just purchased a copy, they have another one if anyone is interested. Asked about it and they confirmed it's C1. Total price for Italy 35€ (16€ + 19€ shipping)

Offline LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

• Count
  • Merit: 28
  • updated 2022
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 03:44:16 PM »
Thank you for the info! Just purchased a copy, they have another one if anyone is interested. Asked about it and they confirmed it's C1. Total price for Italy 35€ (16€ + 19€ shipping)

Thanks for your feedback!
 :yellow-meeple:

carca82

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2022, 09:56:21 AM »
Thanks for your feedback!
 :yellow-meeple:

Thank YOU for your tip! I now own every major expansion from both C2 and C1. Very happy  :green-meeple:

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Enjoy your brand new C1 Exp. 9!

Disfruta de tu flamante nueva copia de Exp. 9 en C1. Esto de ver una foto de una copia de Devir es emocionante. ^-^
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

carca82

Thanks! Of course I found another copy of the game like 36 hours after I received my copy  O0
If anyone is interested, it's on Wallapop

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Sheeps and Hills II... tiles and rules

Started by aenima

5 Replies
Last post February 06, 2018, 05:59:14 AM
by Decar
xx
How to play with two copies of Carcassonne Mists? (Help)

Started by Meles

4 Replies
Last post October 22, 2023, 09:46:37 AM
by Meles
xx
Playing a game with 3 copies of the same "expansion"

Started by carca82

2 Replies
Last post August 17, 2022, 12:23:06 PM
by kothmann
xx
A few "the plague" copies found