Poll

Where should Black place the tile?  Should they place a meeple, and if so, where?

Option A
0 (0%)
Option B
10 (66.7%)
Option C
5 (33.3%)
Option D
0 (0%)
Option E: Other (please specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Tactical Tuesday -- Week 07  (Read 3617 times)

Offline unclewill

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Tuesday -- Week 07
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2021, 02:06:01 AM »
Thank you both for your further comments. They are very helpful and really emphasise the point that when undertaking your analysis of the game, you would do well to remember that you are analysing it from your own perspective, with your biases, based on your experience and your personality.

I would do well to try to frame my analysis (and description of it) as “if I were Red I would be trying to…” rather than as a definitive “Red should do this…” as a reminder that someone else is unlikely to see it in exactly the same way. The implied follow on is “Why has Red done that? What have I not seen? Do I concur?”

It sounds like there is a life lesson in there too! Thanks again.

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2021, 02:19:57 PM »
My daughter would definitely try to block...
Well, I'm in Houston for a long weekend to visit my daughter.  We played on Friday morning and near the end of the game, she made this play (she had to ask me to confirm that all of the CCCF tiles were already played):

The pumpkins were not from @DrMeeple's cool-looking Halloween on Carcassonne expansion--we were playing our latest favorite rules combination: base game tiles plus Das Gift, as well as Balloons and Gates & Walls.  The smiling pumpkin next to her gray meeple is a "good Gift" that converts the meeple to a Large meeple.  So, she trapped two of my meeples vs. one of her own, and she got all 5 points for the larger incomplete city.   (This seemed extra cruel because the same tile would have allowed me to reinvade the city and share all the points.  >:D )

As an aside, we included my wife in the game yesterday with the same tiles and expansions--here is the end-of-game photo:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:10:00 AM by kothmann »

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2021, 11:27:33 PM »
Option C here, seems to me the best, makes it harder to finish a big city that in my mind will never be finished while creating a city with nice potential.

Ok it's easily attackable though, bat at that point in game, everything is.
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Tactical Tuesday -- Week 03

Started by kothmann

23 Replies
Last post September 29, 2021, 06:11:39 AM
by Bumsakalaka
xx
Tactical Tuesday -- Week 06

Started by kothmann

5 Replies
Last post October 13, 2021, 05:35:16 AM