Author Topic: Four-player game  (Read 7427 times)

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 113
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
Four-player game
« on: July 10, 2014, 07:28:56 PM »
I keep forgetting to post this, but I finally remembered! Last week my cousin and her friend were visiting and we were talking about board games. Her friend asked if I had heard of Carcassonne? After everyone had finished laughing, my family explained to her who I was and what we do here on this site, and the following evening we got a 4-player game together with my cousin, her friend, my brother, and me. My cousin had never played before, so we only played with the base game and river for the first game, and then added I&C and T&B for the second game. We used my 100-point scoreboard with 10-sided dice, which I was excited about even though the scores ended up being very low.

Both games ended up being quite frustrating, as each player was drawing tiles that they had no use for but someone else needed desperately. My cousin didn't seem very into the game, stating that she "never wins anything", and the reason for that became obvious quite quickly: she doesn't try to win. ::) I ended up helping her complete features a few times. During the second game there was quite a nasty situation brewing between my cousin and my brother. She had a nice city going, and my brother set himself up to get his large meeple into it. He wasn't able to draw a tile that allowed him to make the final connection, and I happened to draw the only tile in the bag that would allow the city to be completed (due to the surrounding tile geography) and leave him with a 2-tile city. >:D

Sorry, didn't take pictures. They already thought I was weird for having a 300-page rulebook.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=874.0

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Four-player game
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 03:14:19 PM »
You obviously had high hopes for that game using a 100-point scoreboard and 10-sided dice; 1000 points?!

I don't dare to imagine how many expansions I'd have to use if I was to expect a score anywhere near that! Mind you, I had a fairly high-scoring game (base game + river 1, inns & cathedrals, traders & builders, the phantom) last night against my wife. We both scored more than 250 but in the end she won by around 20 points...

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 03:25:37 PM »
We use the 50 point with a 6 sider at the mo. We played a 4 player tonight with base, traders and builders, princess and Dragon, the school, the phantom, the big meeple, a fan style gold mine, a crater, wells and wishing wells, and that's it. Plenty to work with - I was conspired against and therefore I came last with my wife winning by about 50 points.  It is really hard to fight off three attackers.
Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:32:12 AM »
That sounds like a fun time Scott. It's cool that you are making use of my dice mechanic for score keeping :) I like it!

Wish you had pictures, but I understand the funny looks. I get them from my family when I'm documenting games too  :o
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
181-tile Carcassonne for Four (10 expansions)

Started by danisthirty

9 Replies
Last post August 16, 2013, 11:16:39 PM
by CKorfmann
xx
Twenty-four Spiel Tiles, one Darmstadt, one Tunnels, and two River II - on offer

Started by egamar

20 Replies
Last post December 01, 2022, 02:54:59 PM
by egamar
xx
Gathering Wind Roses (Die Windrosen) Info from the Four Corners of the Earth...

Started by kothmann

8 Replies
Last post February 09, 2022, 02:12:40 PM
by kothmann
xx
Four games on a rainy Friday afternoon

Started by jungleboy

0 Replies
Last post January 08, 2016, 10:12:47 AM
by jungleboy
xx
2 player 110 tiles game (Without the base game tiles)

Started by SRBO

3 Replies
Last post August 17, 2015, 02:01:56 AM
by SRBO