Author Topic: Personal tile from Marcel Gröber  (Read 6771 times)

Offline kothmann

• Viscount
  • Merit: 92
  • Oh! That’s interesting...
    • View Profile
Re: Personal tile from Marcel Gröber
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2023, 10:26:42 AM »
Great tiles!  The images all seem to imply relaxation, so here is a rules proposal:

When a special tile is drawn, it is placed as usual.  But no meeple may be placed on the tile.  In fact, no meeple may be placed by any following player on their next turn, so the next occasion when a meeple could be placed will be on the next turn of the player who originally drew the special tile.  (You could prohibit all "move wood" actions and even the dragon would not move!)

This might be too many idle turns?  (Actually, maybe I'll try this as a house rule for any FFFF tiles with no cloister.)

Anyway, have fun.  Would love to see a photo of a final landscape where all these tiles were in play!

Offline Linkarssonne (Linksux)

• Duke
  • Merit: 42
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2023, 03:05:47 AM »
Great!

I really like this idea better, because the first one might give monumental points advantage on fields which will disturb the balance of the game overall.

The second idea includes the possibility that we can come accross many more of those Marcel Gröber tiles from the Carcassonne event without having to change the rules. Remember, there are at least 20 more of such tiles out there!!
The player can decide at the beginning of the game how many giant tiles they want to give to each player (according to the number of giant tiles available at that moment and according to the number of players participating in the game)

Love it!  :(y)
Great!

I really like this idea better, because the first one might give monumental points advantage on fields which will disturb the balance of the game overall.

The second idea includes the possibility that we can come accross many more of those Marcel Gröber tiles from the Carcassonne event without having to change the rules. Remember, there are at least 20 more of such tiles out there!!
The player can decide at the beginning of the game how many giant tiles they want to give to each player (according to the number of giant tiles available at that moment and according to the number of players participating in the game)

Love it!  :(y)
There are 26 existing tiles exactly with the meepedrone’s tile.
But I don’t think we can’t get more than the 6 we already have…

What [mention]oldbonz [/mention]and [mention]Meepledrone [/mention]think about the idea of playing a second turn with the special tile when ever a player want ? (tiles distributed at the start of the game)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline lr

• Duke
  • Merit: 2
  • Carcassonne player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2023, 02:38:37 AM »
I don't think it needs to be used as starting tile, this tile also exists in the normal base game (other than starting tile)

On the other hand, it can be a good idea to use it as a starting tile.

It reminds the players to read the rules of the game (and ask for clarification) before starting the game!    ;D ;D ;D

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2023, 11:57:41 PM »
Is this tile welcome to the party?

I posted this little "thank you" video for the wonderful tile on Instagam:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpYk0QDt1i_/
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
  • Merit: 34
  • Fight, Flight, Freeze ..... or Play :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2023, 12:18:44 AM »
Haha, I am sure this is the coolest thank you video they received for the custom tiles from the Carcassonne Event…  :D
Better late than never …  ;)

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2023, 12:21:09 AM »
@Meepledrone did you see that @Linksux is waiting for an answer concerning the rules? (See 3 posts earlier)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2023, 12:35:09 AM »
Yes... ha ha ha!

You could povide various rules sets:
* No points and maybe starting tiles
* Field points buster (+1 point giant in a field) - giant tiles shuffeled as usual
* Additional turn (one giant tiles per player distributed at random during game setup)

You could also use a similar mechanic to The Astronomers (by @Decar ), where you get points when placing the tile and extra points if aligned with other giant tiles placed previously:

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1902.msg30330#msg30330

Why not providing new options? >:D

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2023, 01:05:45 AM »
Well, if you want something "new" then the rules of the Astronomers are "old" too  ;)

I had suggested the following rules (as something new):

The giant helps a meeple climb the outer wall of the city, and therefore the meeple has direct access to the city.
This means when you add a "giant" tile to a city, you can place one of your meeples on the city segment EVEN IF the city is already occupied

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2023, 02:42:43 AM »
Ahhhhhh! So many options...  ^-^

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 108
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2023, 03:18:46 AM »
another way is possible, each player starts the game with a giant in his reserve, he places it when he wants during the game on his turn, he places a meeple on it, when the 8 adjacent tiles are placed he takes back his meeple, does not count points but has the possibility of playing with an additional follower

Offline gamgeefan2

• Duke
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2023, 06:50:49 AM »
I had suggested the following rules (as something new):

The giant helps a meeple climb the outer wall of the city, and therefore the meeple has direct access to the city.
This means when you add a "giant" tile to a city, you can place one of your meeples on the city segment EVEN IF the city is already occupied
Nice idea!  This one sounds particularly fun, and appropriate to the giant theme.

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2023, 11:38:31 AM »
another way is possible, each player starts the game with a giant in his reserve, he places it when he wants during the game on his turn, he places a meeple on it, when the 8 adjacent tiles are placed he takes back his meeple, does not count points but has the possibility of playing with an additional follower

soon some of us will have 5 different tiles, we can consider, since the giants are in the fields, that the player who places his giant can place a farmer on the area that interests him if it is not occupied

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2023, 02:14:45 AM »
mistake on my part, 6 tiles, and here they are together

Offline Challa007

• Viscount
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2023, 09:33:49 AM »
Hey @oldbonz,
yes, it's 6 tiles now, but the black man standing is not from Marcel Gröber. You missed the man lying in the field....  :D

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6191.msg90768#msg90768

Offline oldbonz

• Authors
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • jouer tout simplement
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2023, 09:38:25 AM »
Hey @oldbonz,
yes, it's 6 tiles now, but the black man standing is not from Marcel Gröber. You missed the man lying in the field....  :D

https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6191.msg90768#msg90768

I know
but i think meeplerone is better standing,
I'm going to do a test with his lying portrait

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Print actual PnP Carcassonne tiles for personal use

Started by BBG

3 Replies
Last post November 04, 2023, 10:48:23 AM
by PapaGeek
xx
Personal Websites

Started by PapaGeek

2 Replies
Last post December 25, 2021, 05:01:45 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
A personal opinion about barns

Started by PapaGeek

3 Replies
Last post September 03, 2021, 02:32:10 AM
by DIN0
smiley
[WTT] Spiel 22 promo tile for Spiel 23 promo tile - Done => Topic can be closed

Started by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)

2 Replies
Last post November 21, 2023, 04:34:18 PM
by LaPorxada (aka BigBoss)
xx
Why cities score 2 points/tile instead of 1 point/tile?

Started by lucian

1 Replies
Last post May 11, 2018, 02:45:09 AM
by Decar