Author Topic: Clarification of rules (Watchtowers and double tiles) - with KJW - 09 10 2022  (Read 1847 times)

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
During the Carcassonne World Championship on Oct. 9th 2022, I approached Klaus-Jürgen Wrede for a little chat and got the following clarifications.

Following Kettlefish's tradition...

Question in BLUE

Answer in GREEN

Still open in RED

My own comments in MAROON

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6115.0
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
[Q1] If a watchtower scoring for meeples is adjacent to only one half of a double-sized tile, does the watchtower consider those meeples on the half adjacent to the watchtower or all the meeples on the tile?

[A1]  The watchtower will consider all the meeples on the double-sized tile.

This means that a wachtower scoring for meeples or the big top, by extension, will consider all the meeples on double-sized tiles adjacent to them, even if one of their halves is not actually adjacent.

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
What!? Oh dear...
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
That's rocked my world to find out KJW is a one-tiler.  After recent clarifications, I think the rules are going around in circles  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
Maybe it would be better to make our own clarifications that'd make sense with the overall Carcassonne expansions instead of trying to make sense with clarifications from HiG that are always changing and never taking the whole game into consideration...  :-\

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
Maybe it would be better to make our own clarifications that'd make sense with the overall Carcassonne expansions instead of trying to make sense with clarifications from HiG that are always changing and never taking the whole game into consideration...  :-\

Indeed. As we know, HiG don't want to clarify anything except interaction with published expansion and base game.

So, we are alone in this.

Or we have to use friendship made this Essen '22 between CarcC owners and KJW to make better cooperation, what do you think @Meepledrone @Decar @danisthirty ?

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
One of our intents was to get closer to the publisher, open a channel with them  and volunteer to help them. We, the Fan Community, have deeper knowledge and track record of the intricacies lurking all over the rules as well as the defined and undefined interactions.

HiG could benefit from our collective knowledge but we need to find a middle ground that means a win-win situation to the publisher and to us hardcore-ish fans. They are a small company and cannot dedicate a team exclusively to work out all the possible interactions. They several years behind us and getting up to speed would require a humongous effort.

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
[Q1] If a watchtower scoring for meeples is adjacent to only one half of a double-sized tile, does the watchtower consider those meeples on the half adjacent to the watchtower or all the meeples on the tile?

[A1]  The watchtower will consider all the meeples on the double-sized tile.

This means that a wachtower scoring for meeples or the big top, by extension, will consider all the meeples on double-sized tiles adjacent to them, even if one of their halves is not actually adjacent.

This has to be covered by https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Castles_in_Germany#Other_expansions.
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 45,600+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
I was thinking of moving all these clarifications for double-sized tiles to a separate page, as we have several expansions with this type of tiles. All of them could link to this share page or transclude it... Still thinking of the beast approach.

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
During the Carcassonne World Championship on Oct. 9th 2022, I approached Klaus-Jürgen Wrede for a little chat and got the following clarifications.

I clearly remember, one of my favourite moments of the weekend.
After this chat, Meepledrone came running to us, almost screaming: "I got a clarification!!!"
With all these people there to win the World Championships, Meepledrone didn't care. He was there for 1 thing, and he completed his mission! He got a rule clarification from KJW himself!  ;D
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
  ^-^

Quick! I must prepare next year's question. :(y) :(y)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 03:46:51 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
I was thinking of moving all these clarifications for double-sized tiles to a separate page, as we have several expansions with this type of tiles. All of them could link to this share page or transclude it... Still thinking of the beast approach.

Good idea  :yellow-meeple:

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
@Meepledrone I hope that you swap your contacts, don't you?

Online Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
I didn't get KJW's personal contact... Just a clarification... Poor thing! :'(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 01:59:45 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
I didn't get KJW's personal contact... Just a clarification... Poor thing! :'(
Maybe he was awared :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Barbarian Report: All Along the Watchtowers (The Watchtowers)

Started by Whaleyland

1 Replies
Last post July 25, 2022, 12:05:06 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Clarification of rules (halflings & double-sized tiles) - with HiG - 21 01 2021

Started by Meepledrone

85 Replies
Last post March 16, 2021, 06:21:22 AM
by corinthiens13
xx
watchtowers question/rule clarification...

Started by robnhill

4 Replies
Last post February 01, 2017, 11:55:17 PM
by GeorG
xx
Clarification of rules (The Gifts - part 2) - with HiG - 05 04 2022

Started by Meepledrone

2 Replies
Last post April 05, 2022, 04:04:27 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Clarification of rules (Cemeteries) - with HiG - 15 11 2022