Author Topic: Ordering Replacement tiles from Cundco  (Read 9287 times)

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Where to find it...
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 06:59:26 AM »
6 of us could order one each and then have a round Robin Jcz tournament to see who gets the whole set!
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 07:09:17 AM »
Hahahaha!
That is the best idea ever!
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Rosco

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 41
  • Racing, and playing hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 07:34:54 AM »
Halfling that is actually a great idea.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just lay the damn tile!

Offline Squiffything

• Duke
  • Merit: 21
  • Do I smell onions?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »
If you look very carefully there is a set of those on Aenima's secret Santa clock. They can't be that rare can they.
Oooo, look at all the meeples

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 09:43:11 AM »
I have them already but the chance to get the set for 20cents........ Who's up for it?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 09:45:14 AM »
"Unfortunately, the abbot in gray is not available in the moment. Therefore you will get the following voucher code (€ 0,30) for your next buying in our webshop."

Nice - was this using their new shop?  They seem to have a much better stock control system now.

I also once ordered a blue teacher meeple and they sent me a complete blue-teacher meeple set with a blue bag, which was very kind of them!

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »
It sounds like you guys are saying that our job is to try to game the system and get as much as we can possibly get, and it's up to Cundco to catch us and stop us. That's depressing, and I reject that premise.

Look, I'm not exactly a defender of HiG. They've made plenty of decisions that I disagreed with. But Cundco has generally done right by me, and the replacement service is a difficult thing for them to police. They have to juggle the competing desires of giving good customer service to Player A today, vs. not getting taken advantage of and making sure they can still give good customer service to player B tomorrow. Do they always make the perfect call on every order? Of course not. But that doesn't negate the stated purpose of the replacement part service, nor does it get me off the hook for being reasonable and respectful in how I use it.

As I said before, the more we try to game the system, the more that service is likely to go away. And that would be the biggest tragedy in all of this. Go right ahead and criticize me for holding this position... but over my lifetime I've seen too many good things get destroyed by everyone thinking they can each bend the rules to their advantage, and when I see that potential I'm not going to be silent about it.
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 10:04:59 AM »
I have them already but the chance to get the set for 20cents........ Who's up for it?

Why would you pay 4Euros for shipping when you could just say you're ordering 3 copies for your friends who also lost the tiles?  That way you can order 3 copies of all the tiles for $3 and sell the other 2 sets on eBay for $100 each next week  (plus $40 postage).

I hyperbolize of course.

When it comes to tiles: I wish Cundco would just sell off their remaining stock (which they did with Besigers and the old festival tiles), after a number of years, when they no longer wish to support the expansions and once requests for replacement has dwindled.  I'd rather Cundco got 50$ for a set of cathars than some tout on ebay.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »
It sounds like you guys are saying that our job is to try to game the system and get as much as we can possibly get, and it's up to Cundco to catch us and stop us. That's depressing, and I reject that premise.

What I'm saying is that Cundco is a business who need to be in charge of what they do and don't want to sell. They're not a kindly old lady who lives down the road and offers amazing apple pies to her neighbours and they're like "wow these pies are great but I feel bad for accepting them all the time because we only ever really speak to her when we want pies and she must have realised this by now" but as guilty as they feel about keep accepting her pies they never say no to them because they just love pie so much.

I thought I'd been clear about that?

Don't get depressed Bill. There's far worse things going on in the world than Cundco giving all their pies away to unjust causes.

Yes I've had whisky.

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 207
  • Ummm and Ahhh! Can't decide!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 04:16:07 PM »
not to take some fuel of the fire, but they have a list of available tiles, that has been updated November 2017, that states the tiles available
https://cundco.de/media/pdf/cc/1b/d9/aktuell-im-web-Komplett-Pla-ttchenliste-CundCo-aktuell.pdf

The sheet is now up to date with all the spin offs and everything :)

Thanks, Willem, I've been looking for a document like that for ages (merit) ... it's useful to know what's on tiles in sets I don't have in case I might be able to use it for fan expansion development, to save creating it from scratch or finding other clipart ...

Ark seems to be missing, though ...

EDIT: Found the followng on CarcF "Die Plättchen für "Die Baumeister des Königs" fehlen, weil diese Carcassonne-Version nicht beim "Hans im Glück-Verlag" erschienen ist." which seems to translate approximately as "Tiles for Ark are missing because HiG is not the publisher"

It would be useful to have the same for all the different meeples they have available (for the other games in particular).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 01:57:44 PM by wolnic, Reason: Missing Ark tiles explanation »
AutumnForest (C2), Catch Of The Day (C1/2/WD), Cliffs&W'falls (C1/2), Coast (C1/2), FishHuts (C2), Fluvium (C2), NewForest (C2), Harvest (C1/2), Stone Circles (C1/2), Wells (C2), Jordan River 2 (AotC), River I/II (GR)
Devt: Sakura (C2), WinterEdge (C1), WinterCoast (WD/WE) and others

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2018, 04:57:47 PM »
They need to cross out the Katherer tiles before someone makes a go of it.
Maybe they found some spare ones ???

Great! I used to have 15 sets of this but I lost them all. I wonder if they'd replace them? >:D

Maybe they found your lost ones ...

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 02:26:47 AM »

It would be useful to have the same for all the different meeples they have available (for the other games in particular).

As I've got almost all of the spin-offs, I've made some pictures of these. See attached :)
Had to resize it to be small enough, but can send the original pictures if needed :)

Offline wolnic

• Authors
  • Duke Chevalier
    • View Profile
Re: Ordering Replacement tiles from Cundco
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 02:02:20 PM »
Many thanks, Willem. Just what I was looking for. If, for example, I want a specific piece for whatever, I can see if there is anything available at CundCo as spare parts (and where I may have more regular orders) before I turn to www.spielematerial.de.

Offline blaice

• Labourer
  • Merit: 0
  • Carcassonne: An enduring obsession
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 08:24:45 PM »
Hi fellow ssonnes of Carca,

Just thought I'd throw my experience with Cundco in here whilst still fresh. I've come to the Carcassonne obsession very late in the game -- nouveau riche etc. -- and have been trawling the web for sources to fill the inevitable gaps. I used Cundco yesterday after realising they were a legitimate spare parts vendor. However I found their service a little passive aggressive. First of all, let me preface this anecdote by saying that they have been very helpful (and rather cheap) in sourcing pieces I would otherwise have a harder time getting; I bought 55 pieces (18*orange, 18*purple, 18*white, 4*abbot in orange, purple, white, and grey). They responded quite quickly to tell me they had removed the grey abbot. Now, I'm absolutely fine with this as I'd read on their website that abbots are typically problematic and also read on here ongoing problems with the piece in general, and that it shouldn't be taken personally. What I wasn't fine with, however, is that (a) the same e-mail went on to tell me they had already shipped my order (54 pieces), (b) they didn't give me any notification of confirming whether this was OK before doing so, and (c) didn't refund me the difference but provided a store credit "voucher" (even though it claims a refund will occur on the spare parts page). A lot of you might find this petty but given I live in Australia, shipping is both exceptionally longer and more expensive than most people on here can sympathise with. Therefore getting sent an unconfirmed 54-piece order and then having to muck about to buy a single piece with the exact same postage is just horrible commerce. I sent a couple of placid e-mails querying what was happening and got no response (admittedly it was 3PM Friday).

So, on one hand I am very aware and respectful of Cundco for the amazing opportunity they are providing for owners, fans, and completionists alike. But on the other I am frustrated as others have voiced here that there is no absolute consistency, structure, or clarity to the process. You can't change a 55-piece order with no option for the buyer to review the stock update prior to shipment. If they had, I would have added another abbot (if possible), about 5 replacement tiles, another whole colour set, and a set of the "teacher" meeples to the order. It's an odd thing to not have more time to establish communications between buyer/seller or at least have a very specific set of rules with which to follow to avoid pissing them off and/or abusing the process. As I said, at the end of it all, I'm glad this service exists but it does feel like Cundco resent it/us on some base level and I'm left with this incredibly bittersweet feeling. Danisthirty's earlier credit card analogy is dead accurate here.

Offline Sinscerly

• Viscount
  • Merit: 30
  • Loving to play.
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia - Wiki-CAR
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 09:46:30 PM »
Well the spare part service is for People who lost parts at first.
Second yeah it is not the way it should be. I have had a missing tile in my order and sent them a email and 4 days later I had the tile.
"What things can you find? Things that are hidden?
Do you know The WikiCarpedia?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Buying replacement tiles at cundco.de

Started by SRBO

14 Replies
Last post February 27, 2016, 11:37:59 PM
by Paul
xx
ISO Replacement Hunter & Gatherer Tiles

Started by Eminies

2 Replies
Last post December 29, 2014, 02:47:07 AM