Author Topic: Anybody else having problems with Android app?  (Read 3644 times)

Offline EtherGnat

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Anybody else having problems with Android app?
« on: May 06, 2016, 07:46:50 AM »
I'm playing with a couple of friends. When we first started playing online a few weeks ago everything was pretty good. But the past week I'd say 1/3 of our games have ended up with "Session is corrupted". Players frequently do not receive notification it is their turn and must exit out of the game and re-enter before they can move. In one game one of my opponents was not receiving their bonus pieces for the builder. All three of us have experienced the glitches, so I don't think it's device specific.

I otherwise love the app (and the game naturally) but being 3/4 of the way through a tense game and being unable to finish, or having to constantly message the other person to let them know it's their turn kind of ruins it. Is it just us? Any workarounds or fixes?

Bonus question: Am I right in concluding there is no way to play "Quick" games with random opponents with any of the expansions?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2704.0

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody else having problems with Android app?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:54:21 PM »
I can't say I've experienced that glitch in particular but I can't say it surprises me. I've known a couple of games drop out for various technical reasons and I've recently installed it on a new phone (Samsung Galaxy A3) which seems mostly OK with it except for that I can't use my profile account to play against the AI and have to be one of the characters. Not a big deal of course, just an annoyance.

I do quite like the app and see it as an acceptable way to play Carcassonne on the go. The multi-player implementation just isn't up to speed though. I don't know if they're still working on it, but while they seemed quite enthusiastic to get it right at first they don't seem so interested now.

If there is a way of doing "Quick Games" with expansions then I'm not aware of it.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: Anybody else having problems with Android app?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 01:22:07 AM »
Welcome to Carcassonne Central EtherGnat!

Dan, I thought you had a corrupted session when we played a few months ago?  We both restarted the app and it seemed like to could resume.  We weren't checking the score though.

Compared to the iOS development and jCloisterzone the android iteration leaves a lot to be desired!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Anybody else notice several errors in the instruction manual from big box #4?

Started by frankdux

4 Replies
Last post July 22, 2014, 11:24:04 AM
by frankdux
xx
Newbie question - having trouble hosting/connecting

Started by stalcupojoy

1 Replies
Last post April 15, 2020, 01:37:11 AM
by totor66
xx
We're having a baby!

Started by CKorfmann

10 Replies
Last post January 20, 2014, 12:40:34 PM
by Big Guy
xx
Is the Carcassonne-Forum.de website having trouble?

Started by mPony

1 Replies
Last post February 28, 2018, 10:34:24 PM
by glh510
xx
Android Carcassonne: 16 March 2015 - Amazon free app of the day

Started by Joff

5 Replies
Last post March 16, 2015, 11:10:32 AM
by kettlefish