Author Topic: Valheru's session reports  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Valheru

• Marquis
  • Merit: 19
  • More tiles, less rules!
    • View Profile
Valheru's session reports
« on: February 25, 2016, 03:34:15 PM »
Because it was just one game, and I don't want to open a topic each time, I decided to make a general topic on my 'sessions'.

First one is a one game session with two others, using only the base game. I was stupid enough to take the overview photograph after the counting, so there are just a few meeples still standing (mine, being red). Sorry about that.

The placement of the river made sure there were trapping possibilities. I've noticed that I've learned a lot these past months regarding trapping and farming and was determined to use these new things in a realtime game. I succeeded pretty well. My friend playing yellow got trapped with 3 meeples in total (one on the c-river-c-river tile and one on the adjacent road). Both because of my tile-placement. +1 for you guys on the trapping tips!

Next was the farming. The main farm on the well of the river was claimed by my friend Black. I succeeded in joining the farm on the bottom of the screen. Next was the total control of the farm. It looked like a friendly hand on the big city (controlled by yellow) but I managed to connect the farm yet again and claim it for my own.  Again +1 for this forum on the farming tips!

While I was pretty confident during the game that I would win this (I looked in total control), yellow suddenly emerged (with 3 meeples down!) as a threat. The big city on the left got finished and was worth a smashing 34 points. The big city on the right didn't get finished and was shared by the three of us. With some cloisters and long roads for yellow as well, I was starting to doubt my winning possibilities. Luckily, I managed to win in the end with just 2 points!

:red-meeple: 91
 :yellow-meeple: 89
 :black1-meeple: 77

Played a game of Guillotine as well tonight. What a fun game that is!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2480.0
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming..."

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
Re: Valheru's session reports
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 03:50:59 PM »
Well done on your win and thanks for the write-up! It's always good to read about how other people's games have gone! :)

Merit for you. :(y)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
First Mists Over Carcassonne Session Reports

Started by Whaleyland

10 Replies
Last post January 10, 2023, 06:05:18 AM
by Challa007
xx
Essen Spiel 2023 Reports

Started by Decar

2 Replies
Last post October 15, 2023, 11:33:29 AM