Author Topic: Dictionary - World of the Game Carcassonne - German/English  (Read 49157 times)

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
Re: Dictionary - World of the Game Carcassonne - German/English
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2014, 01:55:36 PM »
The new Carcassonne II Edition uses as for the regular word  "Gefolsmann"/"follower" in both languages: Meeple

This will be a confusing attempt at re-defining the term Meeple.

Yep, sure is. And I'm already not impressed by the Carc II rules and their lack of flexibility. For example, the Abbot can be taken back if you don't play a meeple (aka normal follower). For now that's okay because there are no other figures in Carc II. But later (or if you combine with classic Carc expansions), will that apply to all followers? All figures? They've already backed themselves into a narrowly defined corner and the game just came out.

Gerry

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2014, 02:27:09 PM »

Yep, sure is. And I'm already not impressed by the Carc II rules and their lack of flexibility. For example, the Abbot can be taken back if you don't play a meeple (aka normal follower). For now that's okay because there are no other figures in Carc II. But later (or if you combine with classic Carc expansions), will that apply to all followers? All figures? They've already backed themselves into a narrowly defined corner and the game just came out.

I agree one of the strengths of Carcassonne was that you had to think ahead before deploying a follower as they could get stuck on the board which forced you to manage your supply of followers.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2014, 03:38:24 AM »
... They've already backed themselves into a narrowly defined corner and the game just came out.

With luck this could spell the demise of the hopefully one-off Carc 2 (or Carc .02 as I like to think of it ;) )
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2014, 06:02:51 AM »
... They've already backed themselves into a narrowly defined corner and the game just came out.

With luck this could spell the demise of the hopefully one-off Carc 2 (or Carc .02 as I like to think of it ;) )

Or if C II sells well and HiG makes more expansions, it'll just take another whole CAR to deal with the errata and clarifications...    :-\

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
clip
WTS Brand New Carcassonne Mini Expansions (German/Dutch/English)

Started by The-Edge

5 Replies
Last post May 18, 2021, 03:45:09 PM
by Allograft
clip
WTS Files for Bix Box 7 Dividers (Dutch/English/German)

Started by Khastenb

0 Replies
Last post November 03, 2023, 02:52:35 AM
by Khastenb
xx
German Neue Wege/Stadterweiterung English: New Ways / city expansion

Started by TechnikerHannes

5 Replies
Last post December 07, 2023, 04:07:12 AM
by wolnic
question
Rules for Carcassonne for 2 - English