Carc Central Community > News and Events

Carcassonne new basic game 3.0

<< < (2/9) > >>

DrMeeple:

--- Quote from: totor66 on November 17, 2021, 01:02:12 AM ---at least won't need to buy a big box 7 to have that river source tile with road.

start to be a pain in the a** to cover everything, I start to understaand why people sell their old stuff.

--- End quote ---
True. Even some people have left the game for this reason… sad but true…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supertopix:
Wtf

unclewill:
I guess every person on this forum is interested in Carcassonne in their own unique way, and finds pleasure in playing, or collecting, or talking about playing or whatever. That is great and how it should be.

I would not regard myself as a collector by nature. I got into this because I like playing it and enjoy the social interaction around the table. This is something that Carcassonne has reawakened from my childhood/ teen years. I would love this game to grow and continue to enrich the playing experience in a healthy, sustainable fashion.

New game content? Great. New content designed to work with the existing content? Better. It would show that the IP holders care about the game that they are curating and are responsible for.

Content from the past that is reskinned and reissued with the same omissions, incongruities and flaws? No thanks. Despite the prettiness of the new boxes and minor tweaks, this just feels like an attempt to take advantage of existing enthusiasm.

--- Quote from: totor66 on November 17, 2021, 01:02:12 AM ---I start to understaand why people sell their old stuff.

--- End quote ---

I have gone the other way with this and have got rid of my fairly complete collection of C2. Now I am free to just concentrate on C1 and any bits of C2 or C3 or C4 or whatever next because I want to play with them rather than an implied need to complete what I do not have. If I don't want it, it is no longer relevant to me which is liberating.

But that's just me, and I can see why to others this is also an opportunity for new games, new artwork and continued excitement in building up the collection of Carcassonne that you want. Enjoy it how you like it, there is room for everyone and we all benefit for it.

gabrielgeek:
As a Carc collector myself, this is a bit disappointing. I carefully collected everything I could of C1 and in 2014 I thought I didn't need C2. Then expansions and mini expansions started to pour out so I finally gave up and started collecting C2 too. I'm not even done with C2 (still trying to get ahold of those elusive Spiel tiles) and now they release C3 with slightly different tiles? It's kinda exhausting being a Carcassonne fan these days. emoji code19]

Meepledrone:
I think the dismay of long time C1 collectors was huge after 14 years when C2.0 was released. I don't know how many of them could move beyond the feeling of "betrayal" this change inspired. Many got unhooked due to the shock.
History is repeating itself 7 years later...
Ok. HiG, take my money and shut up!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version