Carc Central Community > Strategy Guide

Tactical Tuesday -- Week 02

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bumsakalaka:
This week quiz is more tactical like first one. I like it.
Due to score of meeples not coresponds situation on board:
Black has 2 points, but there are non finished 2 tiles road (for example).
It will be good to tell, how many tiles are in stack (deck).

unclewill:
Nice!

Presumably with 17 tiles showing there are 55 left so we are almost a quarter of the way through the deck. With that in mind, I would choose between A (safe 4, set for another open city) and B.

I’d probably go with B as there is a lot of city potential and it doesn’t feel too early to commit a farmer. I expect that if I don’t, with that new tile in and three other players, there will be a farmer in that central field before my next turn.

Both Red and Black are interested in completing that road at (-2,-1) and if it is done using a RRFF then the field ties around to the north of the map too.

Yes, Option B. Fortune favours the brave.

Ker42:
Well stated, unclewill.  If you don't grab that field, somebody else will and soon.  I vote B as well.
Good question, kothmann!  By the way, what would you do?  The moderator can voice his opinion too, right?

kothmann:

--- Quote from: Bumsakalaka on September 14, 2021, 12:44:36 AM ---...Due to score of meeples not coresponds situation on board:
Black has 2 points, but there are non finished 2 tiles road (for example).

--- End quote ---
My intention was that on the 5th turn, Black placed the RRRR tile at [ 2; 1] and scored two points for the completed road on the south edge.  That was the clear favorite play in the Week 01 poll.  I did experiment with the sequence of turns quite a bit, though, before settling on what you see here, so there is always the possibility that I transcribed something wrong or grabbed the wrong photo from my crazy iPhone camera roll.  So, thanks for keeping a sharp eye on things!

--- Quote ---It will be good to tell, how many tiles are in stack (deck).

--- End quote ---
Good idea.  I'll try to remember to add that next week!

--- Quote from: Ker42 on September 14, 2021, 07:22:31 AM ---...By the way, what would you do?  The moderator can voice his opinion too, right?

--- End quote ---
"Moderator" will voice his opinion in a couple of days to bump the poll in the hope of getting more responses... >:D

unclewill:

--- Quote from: kothmann on September 14, 2021, 09:47:57 AM ---My intention was that on the 5th turn, Black placed the RRRR tile at [ 2; 1] and scored two points for the completed road on the south edge.  That was the clear favorite play in the Week 01 poll. 

--- End quote ---

We are playing against the Carcassonne Collective. I like it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version