Carc Central Community > Unofficial Rules

Cloisters/Monasteries contiguous placement

(1/2) > >>

Allograft:
For some reason, I thought that Cloisters could not be contiguous with one another, such that no cloisters could be placed as one of the 8 surrounding a center cloister. Apparently, I was wrong. So, we started playing by the normal rules...but it seems a little easier. So, I'm not really asking for anything other than peoples' experiences or any thoughts that this provokes. -  :pink-meeple:

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5044.0

Meepledrone:
This is what some people call cloisterville... when you get several monasteries together completing each other at times.

The only restriction for monasteries involves shrines (Exp. 6). A shrine cannot be adjacent to more than one monastery / abbey / special monastery / ... and vice versa in order to avoid simultaneous challenges.

Meepledrone:
I haven't tried it yet, but in a cloisterville scenario, if some monasteries are unoccupied, you could use a wagon to jump between them as you complete them all. Easier said than done.

Allograft:
Tehhehehehe. Yeah, I like the wagon. Last night, I had a chance to get a flier (Mayor) into my 8-year-old's 12 tile city before it was completed, and I would have tied for control. This possibility led to upset and crying, so I didn't follow through with it, but yes, it drives my family nuts when I pull special moves that are allowed by rules :-) -  :pink-meeple:

corinthiens13:

--- Quote from: Meepledrone on February 07, 2021, 03:57:21 PM ---This is what some people call cloisterville... when you get several monasteries together completing each other at times.

The only restriction for monasteries involves shrines (Exp. 6). A shrine cannot be adjacent to more than one monastery / abbey / special monastery / ... and vice versa in order to avoid simultaneous challenges.

--- End quote ---

Is it the features themselves that cannot be adjacent to more than one (a shrine cannot be adjacent to more than one monastery, and vice versa); or a heretic that cannot be adjacent to more than one monk (a shrine can be adjacent to more than one monastery, as long as there isn't more than one that's occupied)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version