Carc Central Community > General

Do you use house rules?

(1/11) > >>

NGC 54:
This is a pool about the frequency of using house rules when playing Carcassonne. How many players prefer to follow their own path, and how many prefer to follow the HiG path?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6106.0

ny1050220:
I believe we always award +1 point for each city tile and PENNANT if the mage is present. It's just easier on the counting. We feel this is a very minor deviation from the official rules.
And I think we used to switch back and forth between the official rules for capturing a follower with the tower and assigning a power range of the tower by counting a taxi distance (# of tiles moved horizontally and vertically).

Just curious, does using only tiles but not tokens from Catapult count towards house rules? ;)

PapaGeek:
We generally stay fairly close to the printed rules.  We always play the rivers at random lengths.  Originally we would start with the source, then mix the lake in with all the other tiles so the lake would end the river at a random length.  Now that we play with the Center Scoreboard, we mix all of the lake tiles, minus the fork, plus both sources and all 3 lakes for making each river a random length.

The other thing that we basically always do is what we call sub-expansions. We might play with either the wagons or barns without using any of the Abbey and Mayor tiles.  Same is true for the Builder without the Trader tiles.

I submitted my vote for Rarely!

carca82:
Almost every time, I have a journal where I write everything down, that's the "Bible" of our games and if something is written there, it wins over the official rules.  :green-meeple:

NGC 54:

--- Quote from: ny1050220 on October 04, 2022, 02:47:20 PM ---I believe we always award +1 point for each city tile and PENNANT if the mage is present. It's just easier on the counting. We feel this is a very minor deviation from the official rules.
And I think we used to switch back and forth between the official rules for capturing a follower with the tower and assigning a power range of the tower by counting a taxi distance (# of tiles moved horizontally and vertically).

Just curious, does using only tiles but not tokens from Catapult count towards house rules? ;)

--- End quote ---

When you have a city with 20 Coat of Arms, this would no longer be a minor deviation :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version