Carc Central Community > Reviews & Session Reports

Family Game in Oban!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ker42:
Looks like a great time!  I just read your rules for Old City, and it sounds like a lot of fun.  It may be just the thing to try with my kids, who sometimes don't want to play Carcassonne because they say it's too long.  The proportional scoring is a great idea too.  And it's a great way to use some extra wooden pieces or excuse to buy more.  ;D Thanks for the great variant and continued contributions to Carc'dom!

Decar:
Wonderful post!  I hope you enjoyed your time in the UK!  How long were you staying in Oban?

kothmann:
Oban for 2 nights, 1 full day.  Our boat trip to Fingal’s cave was cancelled by high winds, but that gave us the chance to walk to Dunollie Castle, which was wonderful:

(I also really loved Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness: would love to see some sort of “Castle Ruins” expansion…)

We also did 3 nights on Skye, 3 in Pitlochry, and 4 in Edinburgh.  It was all amazing.

wallaceprime:
That brings back great memories, @kothmann
We love north-west Scotland, too. Last year we spent a week just outside Oban followed by a week in Morar; the only time I've ever needed to put on sun-screen to play Carcassonne (the view is looking out towards the islands of Eigg and Rum):

The view across the Morar Estuary from the bedroom balcony was superb. I loved taking these time-lapse videos, first of the different cloud layers moving in different directions...

...and this sunset

Photography is another of my hobbies. You can set some of my images here (I've started you off in the Scottish Highlands section):
https://wallaceprime.com/gallery/scottish-highlands/

Decar:
I'm glad you had a wonderful time here in the UK Kothmann! It sounds like you crammed a lot in to only a few days. And that's a great photo, I suspect you'll be coming up with an appropriate expansion soon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version