Author Topic: Where to find it...  (Read 149112 times)

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
Re: Where to find it...
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2021, 12:06:16 AM »
Yes it helped me too when I started in 2014 and it's very nice to know who is still selling what and not having to search the web for 6 months

I also do the same for another tiny hobby of mine that is Amiibo and share link on Reddit when some old one are produced again, but here I just limit myself to buy the cheap ones so my collection is very small :)

One thing though to precise about high selling prices. I believe we are a lot of people here who buy regularly on cundco (3 - 4 times a year) and who always grab an extra copy of some expansion. I certainly do so and therefore have a nice amount of surplus tiles/expansions

Those tiles will never see play but at some point I guess I will tell myself: why keeping it forever, it's stupid, I might as well sell it.

And then comes the tricky part: When I will sell it, why would I sell it for far less than resell price ? Would I sell a sealed besiegers or extra Spiel tiles for 5 € to please some fans or should I sell on actual resell price of the moment ?

That time will come for me and for others, please don't judge us too harshly; at least it will be seen here only ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 02:16:19 AM by totor66 »
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • Merit: 3
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
Where to find it...
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2021, 12:34:11 AM »

And then comes the tricky part: When I will sell it, why would I sell it for far less than resell price ? Would I sell a sealed besiegers or extra Spiel tiles for 5 € to please some fans or should I sell on actual resell price of the moment ?

AFAIK you should sell the 2015 Spiel tile for 5€… to me…!

emoji code1787]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 08:01:39 AM by Decar »

Offline chris6507

• Vassal
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2021, 02:10:31 AM »
Dibs on your 5€ Beseigers!  :P

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2021, 02:42:42 AM »
One thing though to precise about high selling prices. I believe we are a lot of people here who buy regularly on cundco (3 - 4 times a year) and who always grab an extra copy of some expansion. I certainly do so and therefore have a nice amount of surplus tiles/expansions

Those tiles will never see play but at some point I guess I will tell myself: why keeping it forever, it's stupid, I might as well sell it.

That time will come for me and for others, please don't judge us too harshly; at least it will be seen here only ;)

This is a good point. I'm the same in that I will almost always buy more than one of something so that I have a spare. I don't even really think about it at the time; it just seems like a no-brainer. Then I've come to the point that I've had to make a decision about it, and in the past I've sold certain items that I didn't need or want, via eBay or whatever, but it's always been such a hassle and the amount of money I actually get seems to be far less than I was expecting once postage and eBay and PayPal fees have been taken out.

Instead, I've found it far more useful keeping spare bits for swaps, or trades, or simply to give away to someone who really needs something that I have and don't want/ need. I always loved doing my "Spare Bits Giveaways" in the past as it's very rewarding to see stuff going to a good home, and making new friends among my fellow forum members. It's certainly worth more, to me, than the little bit of extra spending money that they might bring anyway.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2021, 08:20:03 AM »
Yes by the time, you've considered the initial costs of the item and postage, and inflation, and the service you've provided keeping in safely stored somewhere for about 5-10 years, at a reasonable temperature, humidity and away from insects; outlasting all those other people who simply sold their copy for a 25p profit.  Then also consider the Paypal fees, any currency conversion fees, and the fact that every 1 in 4 goes missing, or is damaged in transit (or storage). I think that free tile that was only available for a couple of days 6 years ago and not available anywhere else; before even considering any personal other context.  Perhaps the poor person took out a loan in order to attend Essen back in 2015, back then, those tiles were coming out every year, and it was likely that they were going to be available again, so they probably only got 1 or 2. Perhaps they've recently lost their job and they're selling their rarest items in order to buy Christmas presents for their estranged children, or worse, maybe a flight to Turkey, so that he could be with them for 15 minutes on Christmas Sunday, all because their partner took them there to escape the board gaming addition.  Perhaps selling that tile is really a painful blessing for them.  Perhaps they need to pay for gallbladder surgery, or dental work which is very expensive in these covid times.  Perhaps they'll take a lower offer if you ask them.

All together, 120€ seems almost reasonable. At least they're not fakes.

Like Dan says, you have to find and assign the real value of what you have; and ultimately that's a personal endeavor. I think it's pretty awesome seeing stuff go to a good home; I really do need to go through all my cupboards.

Offline unclewill

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2021, 04:51:12 AM »
BGExtras have new copies of die Windrosen I (with NSOW) in stock from Cundco:

https://www.bgextras.co.uk/carcassonne-wind-roses-i4145.htm

Offline unclewill

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2022, 12:47:07 PM »
Meeplesource are resuming shipping to the UK again after 2 years.

They won’t be collecting VAT though so beware of getting too carried away!

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #247 on: February 18, 2022, 01:16:56 PM »
Just a quick word of warning there.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

VAT is charged on all goods (except for gifts worth £39 or less) sent from:
 - outside the UK to Great Britain
 - outside the UK and the EU to Northern Ireland
VAT is not charged on goods that are gifts worth £39 or less.

You pay VAT when you buy the goods or to the delivery company before you receive them.

If MeepleSource aren't collecting the VAT, it may be that you're stung with a VAT charge when it arrives at customs; and there are likely the dreaded administration fees around that.

Customs Duty is paid for good over £135

Offline supertopix

• Count
  • Merit: 3
  • I have updated my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2023, 03:15:10 AM »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
That feeling when you find the hard to find

Started by DaFees

4 Replies
Last post February 12, 2021, 02:34:06 AM
by Decar
question
Where to find decent resolution images of original tilesets? (Base game and exp)

Started by GPWR

15 Replies
Last post March 11, 2023, 05:42:01 PM
by Scott
xx
Can't find JCloisterZone.jar file!

Started by Candida

4 Replies
Last post January 02, 2016, 03:50:52 AM
by rfielder
xx
Thrifting and my first find of Carcassonne

Started by franks

6 Replies
Last post June 26, 2015, 11:51:12 PM
by franks
xx
what can I find at cundco stand in Essen?

Started by aenima

2 Replies
Last post September 29, 2022, 09:35:34 AM
by aenima