Author Topic: A Bigger Box  (Read 2674 times)

Gerry

A Bigger Box
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »

To mark the release of the new official Carcassonne Big Box, I wonder if Carcassonne Central should release its own Bigger Box set.  This would highlight the fan made expansions in the download section of the site.  Entries should be restricted to those that have been properly formatted and accepted in the download library.

The Bigger Box should contain a few separate categories ( additions, deletions and amendments are invited).  The basic official game will be assumed to be present to base all the expansions on
1.   Large set of tile designs (over 12 new tiles), mainly artwork some rule changes
2.   Small set of tile design (12 or less) , mainly artwork some rule changes
3.   Major rework of an official expansion component (no new artwork, just new rules) e.g. new Tower game play
4.   Full expansion primarily new concept game play rules with new artwork.
5.   Competitive player expansion, geared towards head to head tactics.
6.   House rule, a minor game change
7.   Accessory e.g. scorecard, tuck box

A first stage might have dedicated fans and authors submit "for your consideration" style  lists to highlight promising expansions then all would be invited to nominate expansions in these categories and the top 5 nominations in each category would each be listed in a poll for voting.

The top pick in each poll would be included in the Bigger Box set.

The whole set (minus the basic official game) would be incorporated into a single deluxe ZIP file, given the title Official Carcassonne Bigger Box, featuring a nicely formatted table of contents with credits and be given pride of place in the downloads section.

How does anyone else feel about this initial tentative suggestion. 

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1016.0

Offline frankdux

• Freeman
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: A Bigger Box
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:02:22 PM »

Sounds interesting.

I'd nominate the Wells fan expansion and the Mills & Bakeries fan expansion for inclusion.

Offline Carcking

• Duke Chevalier
  • Merit: 33
  • I call Red!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:57:43 PM »
Sounds like a neat idea Gerry. It would be cool to see something like this gain traction and exposure.
I just drew the perfect tile for my MonKnighThieFarmer!

Gerry

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:16:51 AM »
Thinking maybe I should have named this "A Smaller Box", not too many nominations so far.

Checkout the topic -   Rating System for Reviews, by BIG GUY under Reviews & Session Reports - if you need to get a start on looking at what is on the download section.

Remember all downloads are currently available at specially reduced prices this week only – and perhaps next week and the week after ......

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
HAVE: Empty Big Box WANT: Empty Standard Box

Started by AntisocialOcelot

1 Replies
Last post February 03, 2018, 12:11:13 PM
by Rosco
clip
BigBox box for collectors - Corrected Box Art

Started by Benny

5 Replies
Last post May 04, 2023, 08:55:14 AM
by Benny
xx
Basically Wooden large box: pictures (drop box) & some dimensions.

Started by egamar

6 Replies
Last post December 02, 2015, 01:54:42 AM
by Rosco
xx
FS Big Box Custom Box

Started by Intarsia

3 Replies
Last post July 22, 2013, 10:13:05 AM
by Scott
xx
Big Box 7: A brand new Big Box with an already long history?!

Started by Willem

4 Replies
Last post January 18, 2022, 11:49:15 AM
by Meepledrone