Author Topic: I made a spreadsheet for Carcassonne Maps  (Read 769 times)

Offline Doom_Shark

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
  • I swear I have a life...just not right now
    • View Profile
I made a spreadsheet for Carcassonne Maps
« on: October 19, 2022, 09:27:55 PM »
I made a Google Spreadsheet. It allows you to select expansions and then will tell you if you have enough tiles for a Carcassonne Map. Feel free to download a copy of it and try it yourself! As a side note, making this spreadsheet has taught me a few interesting tidbits:
  • As of the release of Ghosty Spook Night, there are enough tiles among unique C3 releases that one could play the combined USA maps using only C3 tiles and just one copy of the base game. In fact, using the house rule suggested by @corinthiens13 , one would have to remove only a single expansion (consisting of 8 tiles or more) to do so!
  • The entirety of BB6/7 plus an additional base game is enough tiles to play the combined USA maps
Some technical notes:
  • This assumes that, when playing with the Wheel of Fortune; the Count of Carcassonne; or Ghosts, Manors, and Cemeteries; the oversized starting tile(s) are set off to the side (or unused entirely), and the normal starting tile is used instead. Honestly, I'd be impressed if you somehow managed to make those fit in the map itself.
  • Also, The Markets of Leipzig is not included.
  • This spreadsheet also assumes that rivers are not included.
  • Any expansions that do not include landscape tiles are omitted, for hopefully obvious reasons.
  • Additionally, any tiles in a player's supply (Abbeys, German Castles, Halflings) are omitted.
  • As I don't own any C1 things, everything in that column is based solely on my reading of Wikicarpedia.
  • My ego is not so large that I cannot take constructive criticism. I'm open to suggestions on layout/aesthetics, and corrections in case I missed something or have the wrong tile count for something.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6135.0
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 07:03:58 AM by Doom_Shark »

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Re: I made a spreadsheet for Carcassonne Maps
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 05:13:55 AM »
Thanks Doom Shark, sounds like a useful tool. So I've given you a +1 merit.  it looks like I need to request access for it though; would it be possible to share it publicly?

Offline Doom_Shark

• Vassal
  • Merit: 3
  • I swear I have a life...just not right now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 06:56:37 AM »
Thanks Doom Shark, sounds like a useful tool. So I've given you a +1 merit.  it looks like I need to request access for it though; would it be possible to share it publicly?

Hm, I thought I had; let me look into that

Edit: Found the issue, I accidentally linked the wrong document from my google drive. Should be fixed now
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 06:59:15 AM by Doom_Shark »

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 07:24:35 AM »
it works now for me! Thank you Doom_Shark!
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne on a Spreadsheet

Started by Gerry

0 Replies
Last post December 06, 2014, 03:41:47 PM
by Gerry
xx
Removing a dot from a Carcassonne tile made by a marker

Started by asp204

8 Replies
Last post June 06, 2018, 07:43:36 AM