Author Topic: Doubts about instructions in Het Rad van Fortuin, Wheel of Fortune dutch version  (Read 1008 times)

carca82

First of all, I'm talking about the instruction paper that's included in this version of the game:

The very first thing that it says is "De verschillen ten opzichte van de originele versie zjin in het rood aangegeven". This means "The differences from the original version are highlighted in red".
And indeed many parts of the istructions are highlighted in red, like for example the use of a pig. I don't understand, isn't THIS ONE the original version of the Wheel of Fortune expansion?

Then I keep reading and the very next thing it says is: "speelmaterial: 72 landtegels (waaronder 1 startkaart met donkere achterkant)". This means "Contents: 72 land tiles (including 1 starting card with dark back)".
Fact is there isn't any starting tile with dark back (the wheel of fortune tableau is the starting tile).

Did I get a flawed copy of the game or am I just missing something out? Thank you to anyone who will help me understand.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6070.0
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 12:03:36 AM by carca82 »

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
Welcome to the wonderful world of Carcassonne Rules  >:D

Yes, this is the original version of the Wheel of Fortune. This style of the rules was done across the German, Dutch and English versions.
What they mean by "The original version" is referring to the normal base game.

The sentence above it states:
"De spelregels van dit Carcassonne-spel zijn vrijwel gelijk aan die van het basisspel.", which translates to "The rules of this Carcassonne game are almost the exact same as those of the base game".
Then comes that sentence that refers to the base game as the original.

The German and English versions have a bit of a better description i'd say, as there it states:
"The changed and added rules have red backgrounds"

In terms of the starting tile, that is an error in the Dutch rules. 999 Games failed to change that when they updated the base game rules for the WoF, so that is indeed incorrect.
(German and English versions don't have the mentioning of the starting tile with dark background)

So you didn't get a flawed copy, in so far as every copy of the Dutch WoF will have that in the rules  ;)

If you want, i can send you the English or German rules; send me a PM and i'll send it over :)
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

carca82

What they mean by "The original version" is referring to the normal base game.
Oh... ok... it makes sense now that you mention it, since the game is both standalone and an expansion.

If you want, i can send you the English or German rules; send me a PM and i'll send it over :)
I found this one online, is it good?

Thank you!

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
Yep, that online version seems good to me (at a quick glance)

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy the game!

carca82

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy the game!
I think I will! From what I've read it's a very good variation of the base game. But I think I'll keep the wheel of fortune tableau out of the map, using something else as starting tile(s). I like my final maps to be "realistic" and a giant wheel of fortune in the middle wouldn't be very realistic  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
smiley
Free Cathedrals in Germany with English Instructions

Started by kothmann

5 Replies
Last post March 28, 2021, 09:09:04 AM
by kothmann
clip
WTS [Dutch] Wheel of Fortune (partially completed)

Started by toastytoast

9 Replies
Last post October 05, 2016, 11:01:54 AM
by toastytoast
xx
WTS English Writings Wheel of Fortune board + 19 fortune tiles expansion

Started by DavidY

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2016, 10:34:27 PM
by asparagus
xx
CAR 7.5 Prep Discussion: Wheel of Fortune Version Comparison

Started by Just a Bill

19 Replies
Last post May 01, 2018, 11:53:14 AM
by Just a Bill
question
Doubts when the rules are not specific...

Started by iolyandthor

11 Replies
Last post January 01, 2016, 04:14:59 PM
by iolyandthor