Author Topic: the fairy rules  (Read 1666 times)

Offline davide

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
the fairy rules
« on: May 24, 2021, 08:24:27 AM »
Hello, I still have doubts about two fairy rules, who could help me?
1= I'm playing with the rule that the fairy can't move under any circumstances when you mark with the meeple and the ghost, is that correct? Or when you place the ghost can you move the fairy?
2= At the end of the game, the fairy gives 3 points if it is in the tile where there is a farmer. Does the farmer have to win the farm to get the 3 points?
tks you very much for the help!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=5324.0

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
Re: the fairy rules
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 08:54:39 AM »
Hello, I still have doubts about two fairy rules, who could help me?
1= I'm playing with the rule that the fairy can't move under any circumstances when you mark with the meeple and the ghost, is that correct? Or when you place the ghost can you move the fairy?
2= At the end of the game, the fairy gives 3 points if it is in the tile where there is a farmer. Does the farmer have to win the farm to get the 3 points?
tks you very much for the help!

1. Moving the fairy is just one of the move the wood options. So after moving the fairy as a first action, you can still place the phantom as a second move the wood action.
2. The fairy gives three points to the meeple she is placed next to during the final scoring. If she's placed next to a farmer, the owner of that farmer gets three points. That player does not need to have the majority in the farm.

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 09:10:38 AM »
Note that the fairy is not placed on a tile, it is assigned to one single meeple on a tile (exception with the acrobats).

At the end of the game, a farmer or any other meeple on a city/cloister/road will not get 3 points for the fairy beeing on their tile, only the specific meeple to which the fairy has been assigned to will get 3 bonus points (it doesn't matter if that meeple has the majority or not, exactly the same as during the game when a feature is closed).

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 09:49:18 AM »
Vital Pluymers is right!

In general terms the meeple next to the fairy on a feature being scored gets the 3 points no matter if it is during the game or after the game. So it could be a farmer in a field scored due to the barn during the game or a farmer in a regular scoring of a field at the end of the game.

The requirement: the meeple next to the fairy is on a feature being scored during the game or after the game. Majority is irrelevant.

PS: corinthiens13 was faster than me...
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline davide

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 10:12:22 AM »
thank's i don't considered the rule that the fairy can move and afther can put the phantom. tks a lot

Offline Drodo

• Duke
  • Merit: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 10:37:33 AM »
The rules used around here say that you can "move wood" (including Fairy, Builder, Towers) and then place the phantom. However, in the official Carcassonne App on iOS, this wasn't the case. You could place the phantom only if during that turn you only placed figures that count as meeples (follower, big follower, abbot). It wouldn't let you move the fairy or place a builder AND the phantom during the same turn.

I play the game this way since it makes more sense to me. Figures like the fairy, builder, towers and wheel of fortune meeples can only be placed *if* you didn't place a normal meeple during that turn, like you're forfeiting that option to move them, and the phantom counts as a normal meeple. Being able to use the phantom after any of these special figures feels too powerful.

In the end you can play it whichever way you want to.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:34:33 PM by Drodo »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 12:00:22 PM »
Yep. The clarifications about the phantom being placed as a second figure come from old. Here you can see the footnotes included in the CAR v7.4 (from 2015) and used as source material for WICA too.

443 Question: Does the phantom have to be second to a true follower, or can it be placed in addition to a non-follower piece? Answer: The phantom may also be placed as a second piece in addition to the builder, pig, or any other “move the wood” piece such as movement of the fairy or placement of a tower piece.

444 The phantom cannot be placed, then followed by a builder or pig on the same feature on the same turn. The builder [or pig] must be placed as the second figure in a feature [i.e. placed after a follower], but the phantom is always the last piece placed on a turn. If the phantom is the first piece placed on a turn, another figure cannot then be placed. Thus, if a phantom is placed [as the primary follower] on a feature, the builder could at the earliest be placed on the next turn.

I find very interesting what you mention about the rules implemented on the iOS App though.

The phantom is powerful but within some limits too. As it is placed last you cannot used to place a builder or a pig on an empty feature, or you cannot use it to occupy a city vacated by a princess tile. However, you can used it to take control of a feature vacated by a tower....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 12:04:25 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 02:18:27 PM »
In the case of 2–3 acrobats, the fairy is still assigned to only 1 acrobat, but the effect of the fairy (the 1 point) extends to all 2–3 acrobats.
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
The Dragon & The Fairy - Element of the Week #17

Started by Whaleyland

13 Replies
Last post January 15, 2017, 03:34:59 PM
by danisthirty
xx
The Fairy - can I move it when I have no followers left to place?

Started by saery

1 Replies
Last post September 16, 2015, 08:34:36 PM
by Fritz_Spinne
xx
Missing my fairy

Started by Willem

3 Replies
Last post February 26, 2017, 01:13:57 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Fairy points