Author Topic: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXX  (Read 57723 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXX
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2020, 04:52:06 PM »
Question #2: The Snowman completes this road. How many points does Yellow score?

Answer #2: The completed road has 5 tiles (The Spiel'20 tile is counted only once even if the road passes through it twice). The Yellow meeple is placed on a road segment on the watchtower tile that cannot be seen. So the the scoring will follow these steps:
1. You score the watchtower at the end of the completed road first for the Yellow meeple: 2 neighboring tiles with city segments / 1 point per tile = 2 points.
2. You score the road itself: 5 tiles x 1 point per tile = 5 points

Bottomline:
- Yellow scores 7 points in two separate scoring events (2 points for the watchtowers + 5 points for the road).
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2020, 05:00:23 PM »
Question #3: Santa Claus placed this tile wishing you the best for Christmas... How many points will score each meeple?

Answer #3: The Peasant Revolts tile will affect any unprotected meeple placed on a monastic building. In this case, the Yellow Meeple will be removed without scoring any points as soon as the tile is drawn.

The resulting scenario then shows:
1. A completed road occupied by the Blue Meeple, that scores 5 points (5 tiles x 1 point per tile)
2. An unoccupied completed monastery worth 12 points (9 points for the monastery + 3 points for the adjacent vineyard)
3. A castle occupied by the Red Meeple that is also completed by the previous two features. Both of them overlap the castle fief. So both of them trigger the scoring of the castle even if the monastery is unoccupied. The player occupying the castle may choose to score the points for only one of these two features: either 5 points for the road or 12 points for the unoccupied monastery.

Bottomline:
* Blue scores 5 points
* Red scores either 5 points for the road or 12 points for the monastery plus the adjacent vineyard, according to Red's decision.
* Yellow scores no points, it is returned to  its owner's supply.

Note: Blue and Yellow would like to thank all those participants who only allowed Red to score 5 points for their castle. Unless they wanted to receive a message, those missed 7 points can be of great help in a real game. Remember that unoccupied features also trigger the scoring of a castle. :)   
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 05:35:05 AM by Meepledrone »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2020, 05:09:33 PM »
Question #4: How many points does each player score after Danisthirty places this tile?

Answer #4: This question combines the following elements:
* A completed road occupied by the Blue Meeple where we have to consider:
  - An inn
  - A German cathedral where the road ends twice
  - A German castle
* A completed German cathedral occupied by the Red Meeple with two completed roads:
  - The road occupied by the Blue Meeple
  - An unoccupied 2-tile road connecting  the German cathedral and the German castle

1) Scoring the completed road occupied by the Blue Meeple:

Blue Meeple will score [ (4 square tiles + 1 double-sized tile + 2 road segments on the German cathedral tile) x (1 point / tile + 1 point for the German cathedral + 1 point for the inn) ] + 3 points for the German castle  = [ (4 + 1 + 2) x 3 ] + 3 = (7 x 3) + 3 = 21 + 3 = 24 points

Note that each road segment on the German cathedral tile is considered separately.

2) Scoring the German cathedral occupied by the Red Meeple

Each road is scored independently and their points added together.

2a) The road occupied by Blue Meeple is scored for the archbishop considering:
- the inn
- the road segments on the German cathedral tile considered separately
This road is then worth (4 square tiles + 1 double-sized tile + 2 road segments on the German cathedral tile) x (1 point / tile + 1 point for the inn) = (4 + 1 + 2) x (1 + 1) = 7 x 2 = 14 points

2b) The 2-tile road

This road is worth (1 double-sized tile + 1 road segment on the German cathedral tile) x 1 point / tile = (1 + 1) x 1 = 2 x 1 = 2 points.

So, the Red Meeple scores 14 + 2 = 16 points for the German cathedral.

Note that the German castle bonus does not apply when scoring the roads connected to a German cathedral. Archbishops only care about plain roads and possible inns on them.

Bottomline:
* Blue scores 24 points for the road
* Red scores 16 points for the German cathedral

Offline davide

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 0
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2020, 05:11:19 PM »
hi, I did not understand why the monastery was not occupied, it is not a German or Dutch monastery, so I thought it was marked, occupied by yellow, could you clarify this doubt?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2020, 05:21:59 PM »
hi, I did not understand why the monastery was not occupied, it is not a German or Dutch monastery, so I thought it was marked, occupied by yellow, could you clarify this doubt?

No problem!

The monastery in Question #3 is occupied by Yellow when the turn starts, but the Peasant Revolts tile drawn by the active player (see bottom right corner) affects unprotected meeples on monasteries.

As a result, as soon as the tile is drawn, the Yellow Meeple is removed from the monastery.  Then the tile is placed.

At this moment, only the Red Meeple and the Blue Meeple remain on the board.

The trick here is that a castle can score points for an unoccupied feature that was just completed. This is the case of the monastery just vacated by the Peasant Revolts tile.

Did I answer your question?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:25:09 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline davide

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2020, 05:36:14 PM »
hello sorry I had not seen that it had the loseta of the Campesina revolt, another doubt, I did not meet specifications in the rules of German cathedrals and German castles that said that they did not give the bonus if the road closed in the German cathedral, can you clarify this doubt?

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2020, 05:51:31 PM »
hello sorry I had not seen that it had the loseta of the Campesina revolt, another doubt, I did not meet specifications in the rules of German cathedrals and German castles that said that they did not give the bonus if the road closed in the German cathedral, can you clarify this doubt?
True. Bonus on roads will be or not will be but you can’t decide some yes and some no like little buildings for example yes but german castle not...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2020, 05:52:38 PM »

The rules of German Cathedrals are written with the base game and Inns & Cathedrals in mind only. You can check the interaction here and especially the scoring summary in footnote #3:
https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Cathedrals_in_Germany#Inns_and_Cathedrals

The fact that German castles are not considered when scoring the roads for the archbishop was confirmed in some "riddles" Kettlefish created after discussing the rules with HiG. Pay special attention to these two scoring riddles combining German cathedrals and German castles (click on the images to magnify them):

* During the game:
   - Question: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2580.msg37680#msg37680
   - Answer: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2580.msg37695#msg37695

* During and After the game:
   - Question: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2580.msg37715#msg37715
   - Answer: http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=2580.msg37723#msg37723

Hope this helps.

Offline davide

• Nobleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2020, 06:01:19 PM »
tank you very much, i print this rule to insert at anothers rules I have

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2020, 06:02:33 PM »
My pleasure! Que lo disfrutes!  ^-^

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2020, 04:48:04 AM »
Question #5: The The Grinch places this tile and places Red's barn. How many points does each player score in this case?

Answer #5: The placement of the barn causes the scoring of the field. Both Red and Yellow have one meeple each in the field but the Red Ringmaster is placed on a hill tile, so the tie is broken in Red's favor.

So, only Red scores 9 points for the field:
1) The completed city is worth 4 points (3 points + 1 point for the pig)
2) The castle is worth 5 points (4 points + 1 point for the pig)

Additionally, the Red Ringmaster will also score 2 ringmaster points for the circus space on the adjacent tile (1 circus space x 2 points).

On the other hand, Yellow will score no points for the field, since it doesn't have the majority.

The Yellow Castle Lord will not score any points either, since field scorings do not complete a castle.

As a result of the barn placement, the Red Ringmaster, the Red Pig and the Yellow Meeple in the field will return to their owners.

Bottomline:
- Red scores 11 points in two separate scoring events (9 points for the field + 2 ringmaster points)
- Yellow scores 0 points.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2020, 05:34:34 AM »
Question #6: The Gingerbread Man completed this road. How many points does each player score?

Note: The Yellow Meeple on the tower was placed on an earlier turn.

Answer #6: Red and Yellow share the majority in the road with one meeple each. So, both Red and Yellow score 5 points (5 tiles x 1 point / tile )

Notes:
* The Yellow Meeple on top of the tower does not affect the majority.
* The Yellow Meeple capping the tower does not allow any player to capture meeples with it.

Bottomline:
- Red scores 5 points
- Yellow scores 5 points

Offline corinthiens13

• Baron
  • Merit: 48
    • View Profile
    • Divider cards for C1 & C2 / C3 both in French & English:
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2020, 07:08:31 AM »
So much suspense... It's breathtaking  :o  :D

Thanks for this calendar and every riddles!  :yellow-meeple:

+1 merit for Meepledrone, and Gagoune for French translation.  ;)

Offline Gagoune

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 14
  • To place or not to place...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2020, 07:25:49 AM »
+1 merit for Meepledrone, and Gagoune for French translation.  ;)
Hey, thanks corinthiens13 !
I see you know the rules of the game ! Editing your french file sure helps to know the rules better and better ! ^-^
I'll edit the file with al the 24 answers.
After, I'll try to make a fille that can be used/printed for next years ! with some tips like links to the rules of the expansions or something like that ! I'll see...

Offline Vital Pluymers

• Duke
  • Merit: 3
  • The King
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2020, 09:16:00 AM »
I am sure I will not win this year as I have been offline for quite some time at the end of the advent quiz.
But I am happy to see that I got at least the first seven questions right  ;D

And I am also happy to see that there is much more competition than last year.
Gagoune, corinthiens13, Bumsakalaka and Carcassonne 93 to name a few are doing really great!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVI

Started by danisthirty

102 Replies
Last post April 04, 2017, 09:07:40 AM
by danisthirty
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXIX

Started by Meepledrone

151 Replies
Last post October 29, 2021, 08:41:39 AM
by Bumsakalaka
clip
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXXII coming soon...

Started by Meepledrone

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2022, 01:44:55 AM
by Challa007
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz

Started by danisthirty

93 Replies
Last post February 06, 2016, 11:15:42 AM
by MrNumbers
xx
Carcassonne Central: Advent Quiz MMXVII