Author Topic: Questions  (Read 77612 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #210 on: April 18, 2020, 06:24:02 AM »
[200.] Can you grow the flock/guide the flock to the stable and harvest/sell fruits in the same turn?

Yes, you can perform and a flock action and a fruit action in the same turn. The triggers for these actions are not mutually exclusive:
* Flock action: you extend or close a field
* Fruit action: you placed a meeple on a fruit-bearing tree tile or on adjacent tile.

Both actions can happen simultaneously when placing a tile.

You can revisit the rules here:
* Flock actions: http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Hills_%26_Sheep#1._Placing_a_tile
* Fruit actions: http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Fruit-Bearing_Trees#Carrying_out_a_.22fruit_action.22
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #211 on: April 19, 2020, 02:22:01 PM »
What happens if you fly, place a meeple with the portal or place the wagon adjacent to a fruit-bearing tree?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 45,600+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Babycathannahthomas

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • If you liked it you should have put a meeple on it
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2020, 03:14:39 PM »
I recently picked up Expansion 10 - Under the Big Top.

When you place a tile adjacent to an Acrobat tile does this allow you to place a meeple on ANY Acrobat tile?

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2020, 03:40:35 PM »
[201.] What happens if you fly, place a meeple with the portal or place the wagon adjacent to a fruit-bearing tree?

The rules specify that you have to place a tile (the fruit-bearing tree tile or one adjacent to it) and place a meeple on such tile in the same turn in order to trigger a fruit action. Thus the meeple placement would followed by the fruit action triggered in phase 2. Placing a meeple.

This would discard the three actions you mention:
* The flier and the magic portal: they allow you to place a meeple on a different tile from the one you just placed, so these placement options would not allow players to trigger a fruit action. Therefore, the sequence or actions is correct for this deployment methods but the target tile for the meeple would not match the requirements in the rules.
* The wagon movement happens in phase 3. Scoring a feature, one phase later than phase 2. Placing a meeple, when the fruit actions occurs. So probably you may have placed a new tile (a fruit-bearing tree tile or one adjacent to it) and move the wagon to it, but the sequence of actions is not the right one to trigger the fruit action: you would place the wagon on the tile after the fruit action could be triggered.

You can review the rules and also footnote #1 here:
* Fruit action triggering: http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Fruit-Bearing_Trees#Carrying_out_a_.22fruit_action.22
* Footnote #1http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/The_Fruit-Bearing_Trees#cite_note-1

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2020, 03:58:20 PM »
[202.] I recently picked up Expansion 10 - Under the Big Top.

When you place a tile adjacent to an Acrobat tile does this allow you to place a meeple on ANY Acrobat tile?

Hi Babycathannahthomas!

Congrats for your first post. Hope you enjoy the forum and all its contents about official rules, fan expansions, playing online... You name it.

Back to your question...

No, when you place a tile adjacent to one one more Acrobat tiles, you may only place a meeple on those adjacent acrobat tiles.

You can revisit the rules here - please check the sentence before Example 2):
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Under_the_Big_Top#2._Placing_a_meeple_2

Cheers!

PS: Whaaat?? This is my 1500th post. Can't believe it.  :o

Offline Babycathannahthomas

• Vagabond
  • Merit: 0
  • If you liked it you should have put a meeple on it
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 19, 2020, 05:55:50 PM »
[202.] I recently picked up Expansion 10 - Under the Big Top.

Hi Babycathannahthomas!

Congrats for your first post. Hope you enjoy the forum and all its contents about official rules, fan expansions, playing online... You name it.

Back to your question...

No, when you place a tile adjacent to one one more Acrobat tiles, you may only place a meeple on those adjacent acrobat tiles.

You can revisit the rules here - please check the sentence before Example 2):
http://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Under_the_Big_Top#2._Placing_a_meeple_2

Cheers!

PS: Whaaat?? This is my 1500th post. Can't believe it.  :o
First off, thank you for for responding. Also, congrats on achieving your 1500th post.

Second, I love Wikicarpedia.com. I have been using since I first picked up the base game. It has helped so much. So a BIG thank you to everyone who has worked on it, contributed to it, and maintains it.

Lastly, I do want to clarify what happens in a certain situation:
There are 2 meeples already on an Acrobat tile and I place a tile adjacent to that Acrobat tile. This new tile fills in the last empty space surrounding the Acrobat tile. I choose not to finish the pyramid. Are the meeples on the Acrobat tile now stuck there until the end of the game?

In short, can I trap an opponent's meeples on the Acrobat tile?

Offline cicerunner

• Duke
  • Merit: 5
  • 2020 meeple vision
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 19, 2020, 11:48:18 PM »
[There are 2 meeples already on an Acrobat tile and I place a tile adjacent to that Acrobat tile. This new tile fills in the last empty space surrounding the Acrobat tile. I choose not to finish the pyramid. Are the meeples on the Acrobat tile now stuck there until the end of the game?

In short, can I trap an opponent's meeples on the Acrobat tile?
Oh yes!

(I'm sure there'll be an exception if you're using The Druid expansion and place a Phoenix Egg or whatever, but I'll let MeepleDrone cover those edge cases.)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:54:45 PM by cicerunner »

Offline Bumsakalaka

• Count Chevalier
  • Merit: 31
  • Fan of Fan expansions
    • View Profile
    • www.scifi.sk
« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2020, 11:58:34 PM »
We are still playing Mega Carcassonne with a lot of expansions so it made some questions:
1. When you score Acrobats and active player have in pyramide Phantom, is allowed play with Phantom Step2B-2?
2. Dragon is eating all meeples on tile? So if there is for example Big Meeple on Field, Meeple on Road and Phantom on City?
3. When player play Tower, how many meeples can catch, one and decide which one, on all of them on Tile?
4. In Watchtowers is written, when you have Meeple on Watchtower, it means, if it's in City or Road on a tile connected to Watchtower. When I have it on City and city is finished
a) got player with meeple on watchtower extra points by watchtower symbon evan if player have no majority?
b) when city is finished, and all meeples from city is given to their players, player lost watchtower - just confirm
c) is it possible to go to watchtower by magic portal if City or road is not finished and it's not accupied by other meeples?
5. Can eat Dragon meeples in Bathhouse (Barber-Surgeons)

My answers with pure knowledge of rules was during game
1. Yes
2. Everyone with are not on diet
3. Here I'm not sure
4a) yes
4b) yes
4c) yes
5. Yes even if not only one meeple on tile (look at question 2)

Thanks
Check JCloisterZone Add-ons with fan expansions and also some Slovak sci/fi projects in English https://www.scifi.sk/en/

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2020, 01:17:17 AM »
"Exp. 4 - The Tower: If you capture an acrobat with the tower, you can choose any meeple in the pyramid (regardless of its position)."

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2020, 01:28:21 AM »
Watchtower
"1 point for each tile showing at least one road". Wooden bridges?
You place a tile, which finish a road occupied by blue and a city occupied by your ringmaster, which is placed on a watchtower tile. Which is the correct order?
a) 1. You score the watchtower; 2. the city, the road; 3. the ringmaster;
b) 1. You score the road; 2. (the watchtower, the city and then the ringmaster)/You score 1. (the watchtower, the city and then the ringmaster); 2. the road;
c) 1. You score the watchtower; 2. the road, (the city, the ringmaster).

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2020, 01:35:18 AM »
"You may only reposition a ferry only once per turn." Can you move the ferry from the first position to the second position?

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2020, 06:21:30 AM »
IS THERE ANY WAY OF ACCESSING THE ZOMBIES ON PARTS OF THE SCHOOL WITH 3 OR MORE ZOMBIES SO THAT THE ZOMBIE DRAW PILE DOESN'T RUN OUT TOO QUICKLY IN ZOMBIE KIDZ? OR IS IT SIMPLY THAT I SHOULD AVOID LETTING THIS HAPPEN AT ALL COSTS?

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2020, 09:03:26 AM »
WHAT SIZE ARE GERMAN CASTLES?

Offline DrMeeple

• Baron
  • Merit: 33
  • I mix expansions at my own risk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2020, 09:10:15 AM »
Why meeples are meeples?? Why?? I can’t sleep... emoji code24]

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
I mix expansions at my own risk.

Offline totor66

• Count
  • Merit: 18
  • Carcassonne semi completionnist
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 21, 2020, 05:54:26 AM »
serious one, sorry :)

I was playing on Jcloisterzone and I am having doubts on this case.

An unoccupied monastery was finished next to my incomplete shrine and I was awarded 0 points and my follower was removed. I thought it was just about challenge and meeple on both structures but seems like I was mistaken

I tried to read wikicarpedia several times but couldn't find answer
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 05:56:02 AM by totor66 »
Carcassonne Fan since 2014

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Some Questions from obervet03 and my Answers about the Minis

Started by kettlefish

15 Replies
Last post February 26, 2013, 12:20:03 PM
by Carcking
question
Map-Chips: USA West and East - Questions

Started by grid96

3 Replies
Last post November 11, 2020, 11:35:09 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Carcassonne South Sea - rules questions

Started by Khonnor

6 Replies
Last post December 11, 2013, 05:57:06 AM
by Khonnor
xx
Some notes/questions on the "Hunters and Gatherers" spin off

Started by ac1982

0 Replies
Last post April 18, 2022, 01:58:53 AM
by ac1982
xx
little questions regarding the new sxpansions...

Started by aenima

10 Replies
Last post April 19, 2014, 03:46:13 AM
by aenima