Poll

What needs to be in a Carcassonne Collection?

Jelly Meeple
3 (3%)
Mini-Tile-Cakes
2 (2%)
Meeple Ice Tray
4 (4%)
Bag
8 (8%)
Earrings
2 (2%)
Keyrings
5 (5%)
Meeple Luggage Tags
3 (3%)
Plushie Meeple
4 (4%)
Candles
2 (2%)
Coasters
6 (6%)
Meeple Stickers
12 (12%)
Mugs
3 (3%)
Tile Boxes
8 (8%)
The Collector's Case
4 (4%)
CutCassonne
6 (6%)
That Music CD
3 (3%)
Something else let me know so I can update!
0 (0%)
None of these things...they're all rubbish
9 (9%)
Cookie Cutters
7 (7%)
Sticker Sheets from Cundco
6 (6%)
The Wheel of Fortune Book
3 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Completionist Poll #13 - Die Hard Edition  (Read 8487 times)

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
Completionist Poll #13 - Die Hard Edition
« on: October 06, 2017, 05:50:44 AM »
Last year, we ran a series of Polls to determine what most people desire to collect the most for their Carcassonne collection.  We also had a thread of favouritism polls comparing different editions and other Carcassonne components.

The Index is here

It's been a good few months since we have a jolly good polling here on Carcassonne Central, and this morning over on the slack channel I remembered there's a raft of Carcassonne Material that only a truly devote collector would evening considering picking up.

I think this poll separates the collector-gods from the mere mortals.  It will possibly also remind us how unhealthy all this collecting is.

It's also a good opportunity to document all the tat that Hans Im Glueck have produced to promote their game!  I'm also always on the lookout for a merit, so hoped I might get one  :'(

I'm no doubt missing a few things here, so I hope the pros can help me fill in the blanks!

You've got plenty of votes so just select the items you think are essential for every serious collector!

This time it's a collection of Carcassonne Merchandise and other non-essential rubbish:

Jelly Meeple:  These were given away at Essen in 2005 and later in 2015.  I hope they were a different production run, but do you collect Carcassonne consumables?

Mini-Tile-Cakes:  These were definitely given out at Essen 2015.  I received a couple in the post with a very large Cundco Order.  I've got no idea how many types were created:

Cookie Cutters : Because all your food must be meeple shaped:

Meeple Ice Tray:  Who doesn't want a meeple shaped icecube in their whiskey?

Bags : Cundco have been distributing quite a few different bags.  I think there are 3 designs I've seen.  Which do you have?

Earrings: The must have Carcassonne fashion accessory.  Though to be honest I'll stick with Dan's more manly chufflinks:

Meeple Keyrings:  Obviously, I'd have never lose my keys like I did in Tokyo City, if I was using one of these:

Meeple Luggage Tags:  With so many Carcassonne fans in the world, I think it might be dangerous to use these at the airport.  Thankfully it comes in lots of colours!

Plushie Meeple:  When it's cold at night do you stay warm with a meeple shaped friend?  They come in two colours red & blue.

Meeple Candles - These are very pleasant, but could a true collector set fire to a meeple?

Coasters - Every self-respecting Carcassonne player needs a Carcassonne tile coaster on their table....don't they?

Meeple Stickers - Bored of your standard single colour Meeple?  These will bling your set out.. But are they essential?

Sticker Sheets - The greatest fans of Carcassonne order stuff from the Cundco webshop.  If you're order is great enough you'll usually end up with a sticker sheet.  There are 2 sheets of stickers and 2 lots of meeple on board stickers (pink & blue)

Mugs - Obviously, I only drink out of vessels with meeple on them.  Good job HiG sells them in two colours:

Tile Boxes - Cundco recently announced these for holding mini-expansions, they come in two sizes. Small mini-expansions and Big mini-expansions  ???  Either way are they a necessity in your collection?

The Collector's Case - Only the most serious Carcassonne Collector would use the Collector's case.  Mainly because it's ridiculously too big and offers no organisational advantage over a shoe box.  It even offers less protection for your tiles.  Not many people own up to owning one of these.  They were available at Essen around 2010..I'm not sure of the precise year:

Wheel of Fortune Book - The greatest fans of Carcassonne will eventually collect the special edition of the Wheel of Fortune that comes with a book written in German which has little to do with anything, other than it's based somewhere near Carcassonne.  Either way it can be worth collecting because each edition comes with a limited edition certificate signed by KJW.  But the book is totally useless to me!

CutCassonne - At Essen 2014 and 2015 HiG was distributing some nice boxes full of goodies.  The box could be used to play CutCassonne, and contained an alternative artwork for one of the tiles:

- This is one for the real die-hards.  Do you have a copy of 'Ein Meeple Auf Reisen' or 'A Meeple on a Journey', this band was kind enough to write a song about a travelling meeple.

I can happily say on this one...no no I do not.

I prefer this tbh:

That's my list of Carcassonne essential non-essentials - Did I miss any out?  Which do you need in your collection to feel complete?
I'll keep the post running for 7 days, but will keep it open afterwards so you can always come back and adjust!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=3571.0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 02:46:54 AM by Decar »

Offline ny1050220

• Marquis
  • Merit: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Completionist Poll #13 - Die Hard Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 06:52:09 AM »
I will not be able to hold onto the consumables. I'll get a hold of it, and eat it >:D!

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 86
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 07:28:34 AM »
I will not be able to hold onto the consumables. I'll get a hold of it, and eat it >:D!

I'd do that as well and save the wrappings. Not like the value will increase. :)
World record holder for a single game of Carcassonne using 10 007 tiles!

Offline JT Atomico

• Marquis
  • Merit: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 08:17:12 AM »
I own quite a few of these, but only consider the stickers a "must-have" completionist item. Mainly because they are actually useable in the main game and they were originally released in Spielbox.

Though if I could get my hands on CutCassonne I definitely would byu it…

Offline Squiffything

• Duke
  • Merit: 21
  • Do I smell onions?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »
Has anyone got a Melvis Meeple? By all accounts they are rather rare.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:11:29 AM by Decar »
Oooo, look at all the meeples

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 08:24:08 AM »
Go on I'll bite.... What's a Melvis Meeple?

Offline Squiffything

• Duke
  • Merit: 21
  • Do I smell onions?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 09:07:58 AM »
Ah damn it the pic didn't come out. It's a very rare ebony encrusted with diamonds meeple

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 09:10:20 AM »
Should we add the meeple cookie cutters to the list?
https://cundco.de/fanartikel/59/carcassonne-backform-einzeln

Quit a few of these are still available in the cundco store btw!

Ive got one of the carrier bags and some stickers, but dont feel like they are necessary for a complete collection. For me its the game-collection that counts. I dont have the meeple stickers that came from spielbox (yet) as i dont feel they add anything, but might throw them in a cundco order if i feel like it someday   :)
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Decar

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 09:15:16 AM »
Thanks downloaded the image, but didn't include a link..updated.

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 10:24:56 AM »
You forgot the book! Das Schrisalrad, or something similar. It came with the first German edition of Wheel of Fortune.

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »
There are a few copies of cookie cutter here locally as well. Does Cundco still produce these?

Offline Paul

• Marquis Chevalier
    • View Profile
    • sydby.com
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 10:56:53 AM »
You forgot the book! Das Schrisalrad, or something similar. It came with the first German edition of Wheel of Fortune.

Yep. I got mine this week. :)

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 03:43:16 PM »
Has anyone got a Melvis Meeple? By all accounts they are rather rare.

;) :(y)

Offline Just a Bill

• Marquis
  • Merit: 47
  • I'm still in beta.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 06:37:49 PM »
Coasters - Every self-respecting Carcassonne player needs a Carcassonne tile coaster on their table....don't they?

This is the only one I checked, since it's probably the only one I would spend money on. But I can see where the Cookie Cutters and Ice Trays could be fun.

The Collector's Case - Only the most serious Carcassonne Collector would use the Collector's case.  Mainly because it's ridiculously too big and offers no organisational advantage over a shoe box.  It even offers less protection for your tiles.  Not many people own up to owning one of these.

Holy cow, that is awful, isn't it? I always wonder how ideas that seem good in principle end up so laughably bad in execution.

Bags : Cundco have been distributing quite a few different bags.  I think there are 3 designs I've seen.  Which do you have?

In my last order I got this exact bag due to a packing error. I had ordered the blue tile bag, but they sent me this thing instead by mistake. I have no idea how to make use of a big blue purse with yellow and pink cartoon characters.

Something else I thought of is the big sticker sheets that Cundco has been including in orders. I've received at least two different ones:

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:57:11 AM by Just a Bill »
My stuff: The Caverns of Carcassonne | Wheel of Fortune versions | True North (wind roses) | Icon facelifts | Converting CII to CI | Signposts & the Château | The Vault | Riverboats & the Whirlpool | trade list

Offline Whaleyland

• Great Khan
  • Global Moderator
  • Marquis Chevalier
  • Merit: 101
  • Toulouse: Carcassonne's insignificant neighbor.
    • View Profile
    • Derek R. Whaley, PhD | Librarian, Historian, and Writer
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 11:07:45 PM »
Whoa! I've received both the boy and girl baby-on-board stickers, but I've never seen that massive sheet before! I also have the large bag you have, although I was given two of them when I ordered five Star Wars Carcassonne games back in 2015.

The only thing on the list I would buy is the Meeple Stickers, mostly because they came in Spielbox first.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A copy of "Die Belagerer" for either "Die Katharer" or "Die Kornkreise I"

Started by Hylian87

3 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM
by Hylian87
exclamation
Completionism Poll #10 - Favouritism Poll #3 : Die Schule

Started by Decar

33 Replies
Last post September 21, 2023, 06:39:35 AM