Author Topic: Scoring farm when connected to barn with castles  (Read 11123 times)

Offline obervet

• Authors
  • Count
  • Merit: 36
    • View Profile
Re: Scoring farm when connected to barn with castles
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »
I never did understand why the farmers got such a poor deal if you were connecting to a farm that already had a barn in place
It actually is quite easy and rewarding, to connect a few farmers to a barn farm. And the points you can get from this are huge, once a barn farm prospers, and doubles even in a game with pig. So I would not consider this a "poor deal", rather powerfull.

I agree with Hounk here. It's not often that a farm with a farmer is accidentally connected to a barn farm. It's usually a deliberate strategy to try to place a farmer near a barn farm and connect it to get some points and your farmer back. If this move was worth 3 points per city it would be too much. As it is, getting two points per city by adding a pig and doing this several times can give you many points.

I agree with this. I've definitely used the "attach and bounce" strategy multiple times during a game, and you can get some pretty solid points as it is. If you got the full 3 points each time, it would be abuse. There wouldn't be any point to claiming cities and roads.

Edit: Also, I have adjusted the charts from Big Box 3 and put them in the upcoming CAR. Which might be coming out next week. Maybe.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:07:29 PM by obervet »

Offline loki

• Duke
  • Merit: 7
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Scoring farm when connected to barn with castles
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 06:39:41 PM »
There was some discussion a while ago on producing a Strategy Guide for Carcassonne, sounds like this tactic would be a good candidate for inclusion.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
pig in a farm with barn

Started by davide

3 Replies
Last post March 16, 2021, 01:37:48 PM
by davide
clip
Adding the pig to a farm with a barn

Started by Andreas

4 Replies
Last post April 14, 2015, 09:17:15 AM
by DLloyd09
xx
Spiel 2016: To Farm Or Not To Farm (that is the question)

Started by DIN0

13 Replies
Last post October 29, 2020, 01:15:10 PM
by Meepledrone
xx
Scoring joined barn fields

Started by PapaGeek

6 Replies
Last post October 24, 2021, 02:08:16 PM
by Meepledrone
clip
Farm scoring