Author Topic: Tough Loss on iOS Carcassonne  (Read 2852 times)

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
Tough Loss on iOS Carcassonne
« on: March 27, 2015, 06:11:26 AM »
Hello all,

Been playing a lot of Carcassonne online via my iPad. Yes losing is never fun, especially when the tiles aren't drawing in your favor but nothing hurts more when you make a wrong move that ultimately costs you the game.

I'm including an image of the game right after I made my next to last move. Kudos to anyone who sees the move I should have made instead,  ;)  When games are close I'm usually quite adamant about my moves, making sure I get the most points possible, but this time I missed the right move.  :(

http://i.imgur.com/nE4yslu.jpg

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1638.0
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 06:13:25 AM by DaFees »

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Tough Loss on iOS Carcassonne
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:07:42 AM »
I assume, you closed your 6 point road with the tile with Inn on your last turn (adding 8 points), while your opponent used the straight road for a 9 point farm two tiles over the cloister with two roads? So right now, I do not see any options for you to denying your opponent from his farm and only one point, which you could have improved: attaching the CRCR with pennant to the CCCF with your farmer and placing your knight, would have rewarded you with 4 points instead of 3.

But I must say, I am not familiar with the iOS interface. Your opponents last tile was the straight road, your one but last the mentioned CRCR with your farmer, your last the RRRF with inn?

Offline Jéré

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:53:52 AM »
There was indeed an easy way to take control of the main field worth 40 pts using the city at the very bottom (next to cloister with road) and connecting the fields with the T road.

Offline DaFees

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:07:11 PM »
There was indeed an easy way to take control of the main field worth 40 pts using the city at the very bottom (next to cloister with road) and connecting the fields with the T road.

Indeed you are right, and I didn't even see that one myself. I was thinking of playing off the 4 way road to the up and right of the 4 cloister cluster (in the upper left). Then I would've connected the fields with the T road.

Having moved on to the next game with this same opponent I am sure to be more vigilant this time, :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Carcassonne iOS App On Sale

Started by evmillan

1 Replies
Last post December 10, 2013, 06:00:38 AM
by Paul
xx
How do you unlock AI opponent Frank on iOS Carcassonne?

Started by CarcinFool

3 Replies
Last post January 25, 2018, 08:08:06 AM
by ny1050220
xx
Carcassonne iOS: Princess & Dragon hidden achievement

Started by Jéré

7 Replies
Last post January 30, 2014, 10:32:25 PM
by MrNumbers
xx
Carcassonne iOS/Mac News