Carc Central Community > News and Events

Carcassonne 2024 World Championship Qualifier - Essen Spiel

(1/2) > >>

asp204:
Hi there,

I'm just wondering how I can qualify for the 2024 Carcassonne World Championship at Essen Spiel? I'm in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, so I'm unsure whether I need to travel to Toronto or if I can play a national qualifying round through a reputable website such as Board Game Arena? Could someone please guide me through this process, please? Thank you!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6495.0

Bumsakalaka:
@Scott maybe you have information about it.

But usually each publisher in each country can send one player to world cup. How that player is chosen depends on publisher. One are making online qualifications one on some event etc.

So you need to contact Asmodee Canada as official publisher for your country and ask there. 

Leven:
Or, alternatively, you can qualify through the Mind Sports Olympiad: the winner of that online competition can also take part at the world championship.
The 3rd option is reaching the semifinals of the WTCOC (World Team Carcassonne Online Championship) with the Canadian team. (But there was no Canadian team so far despite having strong players at BGA.)

Scott:
Asmodee has not bothered to organize a Canadian National Championship the last few years. A lady from the USA organizing committee was in touch with me about organizing one for Canada, but then she made contact with someone who was interested to organize it and I never heard anything more. Hopefully either that person or Asmodee applies to organize a 2024 tournament. I just don’t have the time for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meepledrone:
@Scott Can that ever happen?

Was that person from the US called Kerry? If so, we met her at Essen this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version