Carc Central Community > General

Where to find decent resolution images of original tilesets? (Base game and exp)

(1/4) > >>

GPWR:
Greetings.

I'd like to know whether anyone has ever taken the time to scan all the Carcassonne tiles from the base set and expansions and publish the images on the open web. I would prefer the original artwork, but the new version would certainly also do if that's all that is available.

Thank you in advance, and God bless.

P.S. Feel free to reply in English, French, Spanish or German.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6291.0

Scott:
Many of us have done scans of the tiles, and you would need to do your own too because copyright law prohibits us from sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPWR:

--- Quote from: Scott on February 26, 2023, 10:44:38 PM ---Many of us have done scans of the tiles, and you would need to do your own too because copyright law prohibits us from sharing.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. That makes sense.

On a side note, since you seem to be familiar with Carcassonne's copyright, to a certain extent, would creating a virtual board game of Carcassonne and making it available on the internet infringe copyright laws? That's what I needed the scans for.

Obviously, using the original images in my game is not allowed, given the information you provided me with, but how about using drastically modified images (e.g. pixel art style and different colours)?

Thanks again, and God bless you.

Scott:
Using original artwork would be best.

There are already several implementations of Carcassonne, so reinventing the wheel isn’t necessary unless you’re doing it for the experience. BoardGameArena is the most popular, followed by TableTopSimulator and JCloisterZone. There are others as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meepledrone:
The links at the bottom of the following page let you download a basic game tile list with a good quality:

https://deviramericas.com/guia-de-losetas-de-carcassonne/

Let me know if this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version