Carc Central Community > Reviews & Session Reports

Gimmick Game - Only expansions that have no tiles

<< < (2/2)

Meepledrone:
You may find the magazine with this mini here both in German and in English  >:D:

https://nostheide.de/webshop3/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=2012/5

I sometimes play it using 18 1.5cm wooden cubes with 1, 2 or 3 pips drawn on top representing sheds, houses and towers respectivly... Much easier to place and spot on the board than the original tokens which tend to be too big for my taste. ;)

kothmann:

--- Quote from: Doom_Shark on November 17, 2022, 05:15:22 PM ---Today, my partner and I played a couple games using every expansion I have that does not add any landscape tiles!

Overall, I really liked this combination, as it adds a lot of mechanical complexity (which I like) without really adding too much to the game time.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for sharing this.  Sounds like a lot of fun!   :D

Perhaps you would be interested in my Old City expansion, which was created with a similar motivation in mind.

Bumsakalaka:
As Abbot is part of Base game, maybe try also these partials of large expansion which works well in every game.
1. Large meeple
2. Builder
3. Wagon / Mayor / Barn
4. King / Robber Barron
5. Shepherd

wolnic:

--- Quote from: Doom_Shark on November 17, 2022, 05:15:22 PM ---Today, my partner and I played a couple games using every expansion I have that does not add any landscape tiles!

--- End quote ---

When I read this first I thought you were playing without any tiles, just the components from those expansions ... and wondered what sort of game that might be ...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version