Author Topic: What's your Carcassonne status?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline toastytoast

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • Hello!
    • View Profile
What's your Carcassonne status?
« on: July 23, 2018, 02:13:25 AM »
Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been here -

My question is - where is everyone at, with Carcassonne now?

Are you complete with your Carcassonne (original version) collection and 'done' now but enjoy keeping up with Carc news?

Are you just starting your collection?

Are you awaiting any new mini-expansions?

Are you bored (I feel dirty even typing that!!) of Carc and have gone on to new pastures?

For me, I'll always love Carcassonne, however after lots of real life things (mainly moving house and the lots of DIY that follows....) and lots of time not on here, I've come back and assessed my collection with new eyes. I've got/had pretty much all of the original version, however I've come to liking the new artwork and in fact found it actually easier to explain rules such as farming to new-to-gaming audiences as its the boundaries are more clearly defined. That's not to say that I dislike the old art - it's still my favourite!

In fact I'm going through my Carc collection and shall be selling on old art bits and pieces and look to acquire the new, as well as broaden my overall board game collection. Subconsciously it may also be that I enjoy the collecting element too much!

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=4019.0

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
Re: What's your Carcassonne status?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 03:42:34 AM »
I bit bored. Selling the old, and waiting for more new tiles which are slow to arrive. When was the last Spielbox promo already?

Now playing lots of Splendor, Lords of Waterdeep, Talisman as well as a weekly 100 tile carcassonne game at work. Both the circus and fruit trees have been well received by the lunchtime gaming crew.
The Geek shall inherit the earth if we get a good die role

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 05:35:36 AM »
Im not sure tbh.
Ive been collecting both the old and new art, and have everything in both artworks thats available. Now im awaiting new (mini)expansions and spin off games to collect, and am thinking about widening my view of a complete collection....
Do i want all the boxes of all expansions? Do i want a WoF start tile in every language available? Do i want this or that?
(most of the answers are yes btw, as i seem to like the collecting the most, so need something to collect)
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:15:12 AM »
I'm as complete as I want to be.

Currently, I'm looking for new ways to bring on board new players across the UK.

Offline Halfling

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 49
  • Welcome tournament 2015 winner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 01:09:22 PM »
One of our Indian colleagues will be taking a copy back to India when his tenure in the UK comes to an end.  He currently takes part in our weekly lunch time game in Crawley.

Offline oosie

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 03:24:57 AM »
I'm still very much trying to complete my Carcassonne collection and still have a fair way to go, but I'm mainly focused at some of the older stuff at the moment: The Ark of the Covenant, Carcassonne Limited Edition, CutCassonne, Le Sac, Solovei Razboynik and Vodyanoy, Nikolaus-Zählleiste, Russian Count of Carcassonne single tile... However, with the current construction going on on our house the board game budget has been basically frozen  :(

As Carcassonne got me into the board gaming hobby about 2 decades ago now, I've always trying to keep it as complete as I can. (Trying to honor it maybe  ;))

Offline TheDoctor_13

• Nobleman
  • Merit: 1
  • I'll Claim This Farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 02:05:44 PM »
Just starting / working on completing. Going to take a while has I think one variant, one expansion, and one misc (like cundco) order a year. So for this year will probably Gold Rush or Hill & Dale (which is more rare?), Expansion 6 or 8, and fruit trees, meeple bags, and maybe sherrif if I buy gold rush.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 02:13:14 PM »
I'd recommend getting both while you can. Given the German distributor will ne changing next year. I wouldnt be surprised if there's distruption for some of the older titles.  That's just an inkling though. In principle HiG will still be requesting print runs for these games. But they will be getting on a bit.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 08:50:32 AM »
I think being "Complete" is a fantasy when it comes to Carcassonne. You tell yourself that you'll be complete when you get those last 3 mini-expansions, but once you've got them you realise that you actually need these other 8 things to be truly complete ::). And when you get them you discover something else, probably a Russian misprint of something from 2003 that all the true collectors have, and before long you're down to one kidney and are living in the shed with A LOT of Carcassonne stuff, but still need that one last item... :o

I think I'm as complete as I need to be for the time being, but there are still things I'd need to buy in order to consider myself truly complete. The full sets of transparent meeples in however many different colours they've been released in being one/ some of them. And those Russian bags being another. My interest in the collecting side of things isn't what it was though, and although I still play on the iOS app fairly regularly my physical collection has seen little action in months and I'm not feeling very motivated to keep up with everything at the moment, even though there doesn't seem to be much to keep up with. :(

In the meantime, I've gotten quite interested in Lego Minifigures and have started a humble collection. That's another money pit so I'm having to be quite selective about what ranges I'm officially collecting for the time being! O:-)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
German Carcassonne Forum status

Started by Meepledrone

11 Replies
Last post November 10, 2021, 01:30:30 AM
by dronedrone
xx
German Carcassonne Forum status?

Started by wolnic

17 Replies
Last post May 24, 2022, 09:26:08 AM