Author Topic: Connection lost in Online game  (Read 5380 times)

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Connection lost in Online game
« on: February 28, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »
I tried an online game against somebody not in the forum. (His nickname's Niko.) Unfortunately the connection was lost. Probably my fault, because I was driving by train and there might have been a tunnel. However, after I got signal again, I still lost connection to the server. I saved the game and quit, Niko wasn't around any longer. But it seems to me I couldn't have loaded the game by playing online anyway, only with somebody to host. True?

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=1571.0

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Connection lost in Online game
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 02:41:16 PM »
Well, your game is saved automatically. It just might be, that you can't see it any more because your IP (or whatever) changed. I don't know what criteria Farin used to let you access your saved games again, but it is not the user name, as yesterday I could enter a game with the user name "test" that I started as "Safari". I guess it is something that depends on your device.

However, online games are saved up to 7 days (not sure about the days, but I think Farin mentioned 7).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:46:54 PM by Safari, Reason: wrong information »
Safari

(\__/)
 (O.o )
 (> < )
 This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Offline farin

• Duke
  • Merit: 44
  • JCloisterZone maintainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 02:41:58 PM »
As long as you play with same client, you should be able to just connect and continue (you should see running game in list)

And as you say, there is no option to load game online, but you can load it in hosted env.

criteria is easy - in your config yaml is client_id and secret - as long as its values match you should see your unfinished games
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:04:25 PM by MrNumbers, Reason: Merged 2 posts »

Offline Safari

• Count
  • Merit: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 02:57:26 PM »
criteria is easy - in your config yaml is client_id and secret - as long as its values match you should see your unfinished games
Ah, clever! Some days ago I couldn't see a game any more, but then it turned up again.

Offline Hounk

• Baron
  • Merit: 15
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 02:21:32 AM »
Sorry, I'm not that into network engineering. "With same client" means "with same IP"? Because I think that was, what happened. I had to reconnect after the tunnel, and then of course my modem was set to a different IP.

Offline farin

• Duke
  • Merit: 44
  • JCloisterZone maintainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 01:00:53 PM »
Hounk - no, ip is not important. I mean jcz application itself (repsectively config.yaml)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
"Connection Lost" on local game

Started by rfielder

23 Replies
Last post January 23, 2018, 02:24:37 AM
by Durbs
xx
Carcassonne League game connection

Started by Rosco

25 Replies
Last post July 01, 2014, 12:28:16 PM