Author Topic: I love the postman...  (Read 1160685 times)

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
  • Merit: 118
  • Keeper of the Carcassonne Museum
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
Re: I love the postman...
« Reply #3270 on: April 12, 2022, 10:22:43 AM »
@Meepledrone has very kindly been helping me lately, and today I got a parcel in from Spain!

A C1 and a C2 base game in Catalan, as well as a brand new C3 Devir box! That last one was a lucky find, so very happy with that!

And a set of 10 packed sugar cubes, showing the image of the city of Carcassonne! A must have for the Museum  ;D
Join me on the journey through the history and oddities of Carcassonne, on My Instagram
1 0 days since i've bought more Carcassonne

ac1982

« Reply #3271 on: April 12, 2022, 10:25:07 AM »
And a set of 10 packed sugar cubes, showing the image of the city of Carcassonne!

oh my god how did you even find those  ;D

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #3272 on: April 12, 2022, 10:33:11 AM »

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #3273 on: April 12, 2022, 04:22:25 PM »
Scott, those empty tiles make me so happy and sad at the same time... I have a lot of ideas for new tiles/custom expansions but I am not able to draw on them! Can I ask you what do you use to draw on them?

Plans aren't set in stone yet, but I've got some C1/C2 conversions from CarcF that I'm thinking about printing. I might print my own set of Russian promos. Maybe the Spiel promos that I don't have. We'll see.

Offline Decar

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 317
  • Shut up and take my money!
    • View Profile
    • tehill.net
« Reply #3274 on: April 13, 2022, 03:26:17 AM »
I'm a bit behind on a postman post.  It's great to see so many great deliveries.

I'm sad to say that our long standing lady of the post has had to deliver to pastures new; because someone beat her to the route when it was up for renewal.

So, we've had to say goodbye to our post lady; (although she only lives around the corner).

We do have a new postie; who seems like a jolly nice chap.

I'll try and post some pictures of the games and trinkets received in the next day or two!

ac1982

« Reply #3275 on: April 13, 2022, 09:27:15 AM »
Italian version of Gold Rush... can't wait to place my first cowboy meeple!

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: April 17, 2022, 12:53:23 AM »
As many of us these days, I was treated just before Easter break by a copy of Japanese buildings from the Easter sale. The tiles are marvelous (if not much fitting into the Carcassonne landscape but that is a topic probably well talked over already). Arrived a bit "naked" though -  no foil, no rules. I learnt about the depicted venerable structures from the knowledgeable Wikicarpedia but I wonder how they were described in the originial Japanese edition. A part of the basic game rules or a separate piece? In Japanese, in English?

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #3277 on: April 17, 2022, 04:00:29 AM »
well done! It was for many a nice opportunity to get these!

I've got the Japanese C2 base game that came with them, but it's still sealed, so no idea in terms of how they're presented in there. If the Dutch version of base game+monastaries is anything to go by, they are like this (not separately sealed) and a pamphlet with the rules.

I did however find the rules i got with my other set of Japanese Buildings. They say it's from Cundco, so i'm assuming that's where i got them from.

I can scan it if you like and share, but the rules are the same as the other monastery expansions. Funny detail is thought that this is from just before C2, and the art was done by a Japanese artist i believe. The example pictures in the rules use these tiles in C1 landscape.

I also got the postman coming by yesterday! Japanese Buildings, some new scoring flags, and i found an RGG copy of Mayflower/New World!

Offline gamgeefan2

• Duke
  • Merit: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: April 17, 2022, 07:05:48 AM »
I've got the Japanese C2 base game that came with them, but it's still sealed, so no idea in terms of how they're presented in there. If the Dutch version of base game+monastaries is anything to go by, they are like this (not separately sealed) and a pamphlet with the rules.

I did however find the rules i got with my other set of Japanese Buildings. They say it's from Cundco, so i'm assuming that's where i got them from.

I can scan it if you like and share, but the rules are the same as the other monastery expansions. Funny detail is thought that this is from just before C2, and the art was done by a Japanese artist i believe.
There are English rules posted on CarcF:  https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=3254.  Is it allowable for me to re-post here?  That file matches my physical rules copy which I got by ordering from cundco.de Spare Parts > Game Instructions, which should also still be an option for folks.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: April 17, 2022, 07:26:46 AM »
No issue in sharing the link to CarcF. Only those CarcF members with several posts will be able to see that page though.
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Weetek23

• Vassal
  • Merit: 0
  • Always ready of one more ... tile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: April 18, 2022, 11:37:22 PM »

I can scan it if you like and share, but the rules are the same as the other monastery expansions. Funny detail is thought that this is from just before C2, and the art was done by a Japanese artist i believe.
There are English rules posted on CarcF:  https://www.carcassonne-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=3254.  Is it allowable for me to re-post here?  That file matches my physical rules copy which I got by ordering from cundco.de Spare Parts > Game Instructions, which should also still be an option for folks.

Thanks a lot for directing my attention to the possibility to actually also order game instructions as spare parts. For some reason, I totally missed this option! I wonder, may HiG still having stock of Japanese buildings, why they did not add the rules to the Easter sale items, but never mind...

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #3281 on: April 19, 2022, 03:25:56 AM »
I was walking back from the shops this morning when the postman was just parking his van.
He knows me by name now, so he quickly grabbed a few parcels from the back  ;D

ZMG copies of Bridges, Castles and Bazaars, and Under the Big Top, as well as Amazonas!
Happy to have these now in as well

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #3282 on: April 21, 2022, 08:44:44 AM »
Ron must need more storage space because he sent this to me very quickly. I already prepared the tuckbox for it when I was doing the other tuckboxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: April 21, 2022, 09:04:49 AM »
There is a tender love story in the making here...  ;D

Offline Willem

• Chatelain
    • View Profile
    • The Carcassonne Museum
« Reply #3284 on: April 21, 2022, 09:13:18 AM »
That tuxbox looks good!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Love Letter & Love Letter Premium (Comparison)

Started by dirk2112

1 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 12:40:44 PM
by Willem
xx
I hate the postman..

Started by dirk2112

41 Replies
Last post April 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
by SRBO
clip
Can your postman dig a hole through the Earth to make Cundco shipping cheaper?

Started by Whaleyland

8 Replies
Last post November 27, 2020, 12:03:13 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Whilst I don't blame the postman, I object to his employers' business practices

Started by danisthirty

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
by Paul
xx
HiG twitter - The Worms love Meeple-Apple