Carc Central Community > Online Games and Competitions

New (in progress) Android/iOS/Desktop/Web based game

(1/2) > >>

bramp:
Hey folks, first time poster.

I've recently started to create a new Carcassonne game. This is just for fun, and I plan to release it for free on various platforms.

I've attached a screenshot of a quick prototype, and here is a video showing the AI laying tiles quickly.

It's currently using original artwork, and thanks to Farin of JCloisterZone for the definitions for the tiles. That saved me a lot of time)

At a minimum I want to implement the following:

* Works across multiple platforms
* Has online and offline play
* Supports numerous expansions
* Will have bespoke artwork (where instead of fixed tiles, it will be drawn dynamically, the bigger the city the taller the towers, etc).

But I'm toying with extra ideas:
* Free / relaxation play - where you can build a world with any tiles and no scoring
* Achievements - Where you can keep track of "Largest city", "Longest Road", etc
* Supporting Carcassonne Maps

I'm sharing early, to hear any input folks may have. It can range from, "Not enough version of the game", to "It would be cool if you added X".

thanks

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6579.0

Death Meeple:
Hello,

The design looks great (even if I still prefer the C3 artwork, sorry everyone :D )!

Just a few questions:

-Is it ok with the publisher? I mean, if you make it public, copyright problems can occur, regarding the time you probably invested in it, it would be sad.
I know there are already some online versions of the game (BGA and I think an IOS app, maybe an Android one but I think this one isn't up to date), so making sure it won't cause you any problem would be something good :)

-When you say "a new game of Carcassonne", does it imply new tiles? Can we find all the existing tiles on the app (for example, if I want to play the base game alone, or add official expansions, is it possible?) ?

-Are you planning to add all expansions? If so... I guess the work is massive if they can be played all together, as interactions between expansions are not always easy, but once finished it surely would be a highly welcome app!

-The number on the side (on the tiles): is it an indicator about how many of each tile are left in the supply?
If yes, can this option be enabled / disabled by the players? I think most top players, especially for the base game, love to count tiles on their own, this feature could heavily impact competition in my opinion.

Best regards,

bramp:
Hi,

I don't plan to use any copyrighted artwork when I release it. So for now the tiles are really just placeholders to make sure the game is working etc. I don't want to get sued, and I don't want to take money out of the pockets of the awesome publishers of these games.

I would love to add many expansions, and yes how the rules interact may become complex. I already spent some time dealing with river rules, and what to do if you select multiple river sets.

I had the tiles (and remaining counts) on the left. That is really for debug/demo purposes, and most likely won't be there for actual game play. But it could also be optional for those that wanted it.

Bumsakalaka:
Well. Looks that this will be new adept for implementation of fan expansions!

Bumsakalaka:
+1 merit @bramp We will need to talk about of your project :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version