Carc Central Community > Official Rules

CAR 6.4 - Mage and Witch Wording

(1/6) > >>

rfielder:
On page 142 of the CAR 6.4, last paragraph, it states:

" If the Mage or the Witch is already on a land tile, the player must move one to a different tile."  (emphasis mine)

On the same page, footnote 415 states:

"2) If both figures are in play, the player moves one of the figures to a different feature." (emphasis mine)

There is a huge difference in moving to a different tile vs moving to a different feature.  For example, if my opponent is building a city with a cathedral and I put the witch on it, moving the witch to a different tile means I can keep the witch on the same city.  Moving to a different feature means removing the witch from the city.

I am sure the rules should state feature.  However, the wording creates a bit of a discrepancy, of the sort that could lead to much discussion.    ;)

I ran into this while reading the Mage and Witch rules to see if we wanted to start using this miniexpansion.  My partner is very sure that moving one of them means moving to a different feature, and I have to agree with her. 

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=693.0

Fritz_Spinne:
Indeed - in the german rules there is: place it on any street section or city section - but also place it on another tile. It's not mentioned that you have to take another street or city ...

SRBO:
and they can never be both in the same feature.

Carcking:
The English copy of the rules that I have says to move it to another tile. There is no mention of another feature.

(blue dog)

rfielder:

--- Quote from: Carcking on April 10, 2014, 06:14:16 PM ---The English copy of the rules that I have says to move it to another tile. There is no mention of another feature.
--- End quote ---
How do we get a final decision on this?  Who is the final authority on a expansion like this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version