Author Topic: Basegame League - Round 7  (Read 12497 times)

Offline Riker

• Labourer
  • Merit: 1
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Basegame League - Round 7
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 02:40:25 PM »
Sincere apologies for the delay. It was in small part due to schedule clashes between Rosco and myself, but mainly due to a lot of recent unavailability on my part.

Riker 104 Rosco 100

Rarely do you see a game end with so few gaps in the landscape at this level. To state the obvious this could have gone either way, but the tiles fell my way crucially at the end of the game to get a couple of late farmers to steel the 24 point field (which Rosco had skilfully stolen from me when I started with a two meeple lead)

Rosco 72 Riker 95

For the first half of this game Rosco had one of the most horrible tile draws I had ever seen. I made the most of this trapping four meeples for a long period and getting a decent lead that I was then able to hold until the end of the game.

Offline danisthirty

• (not thirSty!)
  • Owner
  • Chatelain Grand-Croix
  • Merit: 293
  • "First to 4 points wins?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 07:47:55 AM »
Hi everyone.

I've been trying to get hold of @sinscerly but haven't heard from him for a couple of weeks now which is a bit disappointing. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for the time being and am postponing the outcome of his match with JackFace. However, if all other matches from this round get played and this is left outstanding then I will be forced to remove him from the competition and carry on without him. This isn't ideal, and I'm hoping it won't have to happen, but if it does, the standard rule is to discard all of his previous results which will have an impact on the league table for those who have already played him.

Apparently Round 7 was not a good round for Rosco who has dropped 4 places after his clash with Riker. This has put me in the top spot for the time being, but with four rounds left to play there's still everything to play for!

Let's go! (to Round 8 )
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:56:45 AM by danisthirty »

Offline JackFace

• Villein
  • Merit: 3
  • UK Champ 2018 - somehow!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 08:59:50 AM »
Finally played my match with Sinscerly this afternoon. The first game was extremely tight, and was won on the final tile - a three point incomplete city to take the game by 1 point.

JackFace 99 Sinscerly 98

I felt more in control of the second game - a couple of trapped opponent meeples enabling me to secure numerical advantage in the big field.

JackFace 115 Sinscerly 74

Anyway, nice to scrape a 2-0 win. Thanks for the games!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Basegame League - Round 12

Started by danisthirty

29 Replies
Last post July 31, 2017, 06:42:42 AM
by danisthirty
xx
2019 Basegame League - Round 2

Started by danisthirty

30 Replies
Last post February 18, 2019, 03:02:17 PM