Author Topic: How to play with two copies of Carcassonne Mists? (Help)  (Read 686 times)

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Merit: 0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
How to play with two copies of Carcassonne Mists? (Help)
« on: October 18, 2023, 03:47:32 PM »
A little bird somewhere told me that something could be come up with, so I bought another one ($19.20) because the price was so good and it arrives.

So really two questions.
1. How to play a game of Carcassonne mists with two base games or at least utilize some of the contents of the 2nd copy? (This may be a really bad idea.)
2. How to use two copies of its expansion version in MegaCarc? (my immediate hope :o )

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6487.0

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
Re: How to play with two copies of Carcassonne Mists? (Help)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 11:16:57 AM »
Do you have any issues in mind?

You may add as many copies of Mists over Carcassonne as you want but only one 2x2 starting tile. You use 15 ghosts as well, but if you use more meeples from other expansions, you could use more... Maybe 3 additional ghosts per major expansion with new meeples? >:D

If you add The Spell Circles, ghosts may go wild if you create mist banks with multiple tils featuring spell circles! Luckily there are 9 tiles only... unless you also add additional copies of the mini...  :o
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 10:24:45 PM »

You may add as many copies of Mists over Carcassonne as you want but only one 2x2 starting tile. You use 15 ghosts as well, but if you use more meeples from other expansions, you could use more... Maybe 3 additional ghosts per major expansion with new meeples? >:D

If you add The Spell Circles, ghosts may go wild if you create mist banks with multiple tils featuring spell circles! Luckily there are 9 tiles only... unless you also add additional copies of the mini...  :o
Well it is for my next 800 tile MegaCarc game: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6461.0

I envisioned somehow using the expansion rules.

Are you saying MegaMists is possible? :white-meeple: I've always presumed you could only add Spell Circles as an expansion.

I was going to play both hands (effectively solo) for the MegaCarc game, but are you saying I could play true solo via MegaMists? I've not played Mega or mists.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 02:13:10 AM »
I'm thinking of a MegaCarc.

Mega Mists needs to be tested. My first thought is that it should be simpler, as you have more tiles to reach the same objective. If you add more ghosts, you also relax the other spin-off constraint: running out of ghosts to place.

Offline Meles

• Freeman
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2023, 09:46:37 AM »

So if I'm using Mists as an expansion (two copies or one). I must use it's starting tile and no others?

I think I now have double of the first five big expansions (and almost doubled up Hills and Sheep plus Big Top at recent sale.) so it sounds like I may need to just throw in all the ghosts. I have another thread where I am discussing this game so I don't wanna get too detailed here.

as far as mega mists, i'm not planning to do that, at least until I play the game solo as it was designed. I will only use mists as an expansion for now.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 09:50:20 AM by Meles »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Playing a game with 2 copies of the same expansion

Started by carca82

16 Replies
Last post August 18, 2022, 02:35:22 PM
by Drodo
xx
Was the C1 version of Hills and Sheeps printed in like 10 copies or what?

Started by carca82

9 Replies
Last post October 01, 2022, 12:35:38 PM
by carca82
xx
Playing a game with 3 copies of the same "expansion"

Started by carca82

2 Replies
Last post August 17, 2022, 12:23:06 PM
by kothmann
xx
A few "the plague" copies found