Author Topic: Fairy, Acrobats and more - Clarification by Cundco - 10 03 2023  (Read 915 times)

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
  • Chatelain Grand Officier
  • Merit: 456
  • It is full of... Meeples!!!
    • View Profile
I contacted Cundco about the fairy, acrobats, messages and gifts (and even the ringmaster). I received the following clarification on March 10th 2023...

Following Kettlefish's tradition...

Question in BLUE

Answer in GREEN

Still open in RED

My own comments in MAROON

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=6319.0
Questions about rules? Check WICA: wikicarpedia.com

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Fairy, Acrobats and more - Clarification by Cundco - 10 03 2023
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 03:37:27 PM »
[Q1] Does the fairy affect the scoring of an acrobat pyramid if assigned to any if its meeples? Does each acrobat receive 3 points besides its 5 regular points during the game (for the completed pyramids being scored) and after the game (for the remaining pyramids)?

[A1] No, acrobats do not receive the fairy 3-point scoring bonus. The scoring of an acrobat pyramid is not triggered by the scoring of a completed or uncompleted tile-based feature.

Note that an acrobat space is never completed, and an acrobat pyramid scoring during the game is triggered by the decision of a player, the same as the removal and scoring of an abbot.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 03:41:54 PM »
[Q2] Let's assume the fairy is assigned to an abbot. Does the abbot receive the fairy 3-point scoring bonus if removed and scored?

[A2] No, the removal of an abbot does not trigger the fairy 3-point scoring bonus, since we are dealing with the scoring of a figure, not a feature.

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 03:44:43 PM »
[Q3] What messages (Mini #2 - The Messengers) scoring for features would trigger the fairy 3-point scoring bonus?

[A3] We may have these cases according to the type of scoring triggered by the message:
* Messages #1-#3 (Shortest road/Smallest city/Smallest monastery): No proper feature scoring takes place (no figure is removed), so the fairy should not grant any bonus in this case.
* Message #8 (Score a Meeple and Return it to your Supply): A proper feature scoring takes place for the figure selected (the figure is removed), so the fairy should grant its bonus if next to the meeple removed. If the meeple selected is a ringmaster you may also trigger its bonus depending on the feature it occupies.

This means that the ringmaster bonus will not be triggered by Messages #1-#3. However, the full scoring triggered by Message #8 makes it possible to grant the ringmaster bonus if the meeple removed is a ringmaster placed on a base game feature (road, city, monastery or field).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 04:00:19 PM by Meepledrone »

Offline Meepledrone

• Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 03:54:34 PM »
[Q4] Does the Road Sweeper gift card (The Gifts) trigger the fairy 3-point scoring bonus?

[A4] The Road Sweeper card triggers a full scoring of a given uncompleted feature. If the fairy is assigned to a meeple on the selected feature, it will grant its 3-point scoring bonus.

A ringmaster involved in the scoring triggered by a Road Sweeper gift card will also grant its bonus, since it is a full scoring.

Offline NGC 54

• Marquis
  • Merit: 10
  • HiG must provide clarifications for all expansions
    • View Profile
    • WikiCarpedia user page
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 04:56:17 AM »
Excellent! HiG will write the answers for the remaining questions on the tiles from the 40th thing?
I translate WikiCarpedia in Romanian (https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page/ro). I have 47,200+ edits at WICA. My WICA user page: https://wikicarpedia.com/index.php/User:NGC_54. Romanian translation of WICA: https://wikicarpedia.com/car/Special:LanguageStats?language=ro&x=D#sortable:3=desc.

Offline Green Builder

• Villein
  • Merit: 2
  • I haven't updated my profile yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 07:11:23 AM »
Thank you! May I ask a question? Who has the rights  to define "official" rules? Isn't Cundco just an online shop that mostly but not exclusively sell carcassonne stuff? Why can they "decide" the rules? Please, I'm not being judgmental or bitter, I am genuinely curious about who has the ultimate rights to speak the "Word of God" in Carcassonne  :)

Offline Scott

• Administrator
  • Viscount Chevalier
  • Merit: 114
    • View Profile
    • CarcassonneCentral
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 07:24:20 AM »
Cundco is the online shop for HiG, so they are the official publisher.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via furl Share via linkedin Share via myspace Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via technorati Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Clarification of rules (acrobats & phantoms, Leipzig) - with HiG - 21-25 06 2021

Started by Meepledrone

9 Replies
Last post July 21, 2021, 01:59:05 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Watering Holes in Safari - Clarification by Cundco - 10 02 2023

Started by Meepledrone

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2023, 03:43:07 AM
by Meepledrone
xx
Acrobats animals and phantoms