Carc Central Community > Official Rules

Rules Questions for Hans im Glueck Thread

<< < (9/10) > >>

Whaleyland:
Q: When playing with Darmstadt expansion, are the bonuses applied at the end of the game or only when the feature is completed?

Q: When playing with Darmstadt expansion, do the points for the Convention Centre also get distributed to all players in the event of a tie (I'd assume this is a yes)?

Q: When playing with Darmstadt expansion, do the two religious buildings function as cloisters in all cases (e.g., when playing with The Cults or Wheel of Fortune)?

Whaleyland:
Got yet another question after playing with Castles tonight:

Q: Does a Castle block the passage of a Dragon (or switched around, can a dragon move over a Castle)?

This became an issue when the Dragon was trapped at the end of a 1-tile-wide row of tiles. We decided it could, but there didn't seem to be an official ruling on it.

Paul:

--- Quote from: whaleyland on November 11, 2014, 01:08:39 AM ---Got yet another question after playing with Castles tonight:

Q: Does a Castle block the passage of a Dragon (or switched around, can a dragon move over a Castle)?

This became an issue when the Dragon was trapped at the end of a 1-tile-wide row of tiles. We decided it could, but there didn't seem to be an official ruling on it.

--- End quote ---

From what I read off CAR 7.02, the only way to stop a dragon is if it can't move to an adjacent nondiagonally tile because:
A. It has already moved to this tile during this dragon movement
B. There is a Fairy on that tile it wants to move to

So flying over a Castle would be a legal move and the follower on it would take a peak out of the window and feel a sigh of relief.

Whaleyland:

--- Quote from: Yellow on November 11, 2014, 02:55:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: whaleyland on November 11, 2014, 01:08:39 AM ---Got yet another question after playing with Castles tonight:

--- End quote ---

From what I read off CAR 7.02, the only way to stop a dragon is if it can't move to an adjacent nondiagonally tile because:

So flying over a Castle would be a legal move and the follower on it would take a peak out of the window and feel a sigh of relief.

--- End quote ---
That's what we assumed too, but since it does run along the entire edge of the tile, I feel it should be officially addressed by the gurus at Hans im Glück. After all, the Castles did come out after the Princess and the two have yet to appear in the same Big Box together. They may never have thought about it.

Paul:

--- Quote from: whaleyland on November 11, 2014, 03:09:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: Yellow on November 11, 2014, 02:55:48 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
That's what we assumed too, but since it does run along the entire edge of the tile, I feel it should be officially addressed by the gurus at Hans im Glück. After all, the Castles did come out after the Princess and the two have yet to appear in the same Big Box together. They may never have thought about it.

--- End quote ---

Sometimes too many rules can lead to messy interpretations and ruin the purpose of a (board) game. Currently the rule is quite capable of adressing the issue you described.

What is not there, is also a rule, i.e. it does not say anything about Castles in' The Princess and the Dragon' nor 'Castles' expansion and thus it is a legit move to have the dragon fly over the castle.

Hope this helps!  :(y)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version