Carc Central Community > Official Rules

Clarification of rules-Talk with HiG-Georg Wild at Spiel 2013 in Essen

(1/5) > >>

kettlefish:
obervet gave me 13 questions.

In the next reply I will post the questions 1-4.

Each of the next questions will get an own reply (question 5 to 13)
And later I will give also the answers in these replies.

Questions are in BLUE
Clarification of the rules are in GREEN
No Answer or no Clarification or still not clear cases are in RED

During my posting I will change here and there some replies.

When obervet put the clarification into the CAR he uses TEAL.

Linkback: https://www.carcassonnecentral.com/community/index.php?topic=531.0

kettlefish:
1. Does the Plague affect player figures that are not followers (pig, builder)?

2. Does the Plague affect a barn?

3. When the Plague is in play, can any follower take flight, or does it have to be a follower in a feature that is affected by the Plague?

4. Can the Plague affect the tiles that make up the outside of the Wheel of Fortune or the City of Carcassonne? Can it affect the tiles of the School?

I didn't get an answer from Spielbox at Spiel 2013 in Essen.
So the questions 1-4 are still open.

But I have found an answer for question 2 from Christof Tisch (graphics artist for the rules at HiG and he works also for Spielbox) - more follows...

kettlefish:
5. What happens when a tile that is added to a feature with a builder also triggers the drawing of a Dispatches tile, and the player draws Dispatch No 7?
Does the Dispatch extra tile come before the builder double turn?
If so, and the extra tile from the Dispatch gets put on the builder's feature, does that create 2 double turns?

Does the Dispatch extra tile come before the builder double turn?
Yes

If so, and the extra tile from the Dispatch gets put on the builder's feature, does that create 2 double turns?
Yes - one builders double turn during the action for the dispatch No 7 and after the action from the dispatch - the second part from the originally double turn of the builder take place

kettlefish:
6. In brief, the rules say that the phantom is played to the tile that was just placed, but footnote 363 in S-CAR 6.3 states that "You can do whatever you can do with a follower." Thus: Can you play the Phantom to areas such as the Wheel of Fortune or a tower,
or is the Phantom restricted to placement on the tile just placed?

Thus: Can you play the Phantom to areas such as the Wheel of Fortune or a tower,
Yes

or is the Phantom restricted to placement on the tile just placed?
No
- but be careful with features like the magic gate and the hill from the flying machine when the first follower went through the magic gate or was flown with the flying machine - then the second follower (the phantom) can't use these features.

kettlefish:
7. Are there things that should be added or subtracted from the following lists regarding the builder's double turn?
Things that happen only ONCE: Bonus point from fairy, prisoner buyback, tunnel token placement, flight from Plague, Plague spread.
Things that may or must happen TWICE: Draw and place tile, resolve special symbols on tile, follower/figure placement, scoring.

It's all correct what you have written there.
prisoner:
ONCE: buyback (3 Points)
TWICE or more: exchange prisoners

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version